Yuba Community College District is a community college with a flagship campus, Yuba College, in Marysville, California, United States. It was established in 1929. It currently has an additional college, Woodland Community College in the county seat of Yolo County, California, United States.
The Yuba Community College District is authorized by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and known as a completely accredited two (2) year community college by the California Community Colleges, the University of California, and the United States Of America Department of Education.
The curriculum for the Associate Degree Nursing Program in Yuba Community College is established in conjunction with the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), instructional research and resources for Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)Programs, community nursing standards, and the California Nursing Practice Act. The Yuba College syllabus is a dynamic, innovative educational model and is endorsed by the Board of Registered Nursing, State Chancellors Office, and the Yuba College Curriculum Committee. The curriculum is made for the regular student. There are no part-time offerings in the Associate Degree Nursing Program (ADN).
In combination with regular course work/classes, there are at least 15-20 hours of study every week to sustain an average standing within the thorough curriculum.
Yuba College Nursing Programs prepare students for entry-level registered nursing positions in many different work functions. Following successful completion of the programs, graduates are qualified to take the state board licensing exam (NCLEX-RN), and awarded with an Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) and to provide overall patient care as new graduate.
Total program cost is USD $7,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Prerequisites courses:
- Biol 4, Human Anatomy
- Biol 5, Human Physiology
- Biol 6, Intro. Microbiology
- Eng 1A, Reading and Composition
- Math 52, Intermediate Algebra
Applicants must have cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater in Biol.4, 5, 6. Must have 2.5 GPA or above in English 1A 0r equivalent.
- Other course work
- Nurs 36 Pathophysiology
- Nurs 26 Pharmacology- Must be C or better.
- It is expected that students have keyboarding, and are computer literate prior to entering the program. Academically prepared papers assignments and testing requires computer use. Courses in the ADN program are web-enhanced; some have extensive online requirements which require computer
- A high level of wellness is necessary to meet the demands of the nursing curriculum and meet standards set by clinical agencies. In addition, the health and safety of patients, agency staff, and other students must be protected.
- Required Physical Evaluation: A physical examination is required for incoming first semester (N1) students within 3 months of starting school. Information on any physical limitation must be provided to the program director for review prior to gaining entry to clinical facilities.
Yuba Community College
Address: 17849 16th St, Beale AFB, CA 95903
Submit your review
Leave a Reply