Yavapai College is a community college established in 1965 in Yavapai County, Arizona, offering students different degree and certificate programs, including an Associate of Applied Science degree in nursing. This nursing program is accessible at the Prescott and Verde Valley campuses, with up to 186 students registered. Yavapai College recruits the help of full-time instructors, coordinators, clinical educators, and other part-time and administrative staff to assist the students in the nursing degree program.
The nursing degree program at Yavapai College entails 72 credit hours for successful completion. Each course must be concluded with a “C” or better. Applicants are mandated to take a Nursing Pre-admission exam. Students who register at the Verde Valley campus must go to to the Prescott campus periodically for detailed instructional experiences. Also, nursing students are required to involve in off-campus clinical programs. Upon successful program completion, students are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredits The Yavapai College nursing program, and it is approved by Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Total program cost is estimated $13,127
Steps to Apply for Admission
- Students must apply to and be admitted to Yavapai College prior to applying to the Nursing Please go to www.yc.edu and complete the Yavapai College admission procedure.
- Only applications submitted by U.S. mail will be accepted. If you would like confirmation that your application has been received, please send your application via certified mail, and request return receipt delivery confirmation.
- All applications will be considered received as of the date of their postmark.
- This is the address to use for sending in your application:
Nursing Program Application
1100 E. Sheldon Street
YC Box 6017
Prescott, AZ 86301
Applications for admissions must include the following:
- Nursing Program Application for Admission form.
- All relevant official transcripts of completed pre-entry and General Education courses must be received and evaluated in the Yavapai College Registrar’s office. Official transcripts are mailed directly from one Registrar’s office to another Registrar’s office. Hand carried transcripts are not official transcripts.
- A copy of your unofficial Yavapai College transcript. You can download this from your YC Student Portal at no charge. This transcript should reflect classes that you have successfully transferred to Yavapai College, if relevant, that you are using to satisfy any pre-requisites or co-requisites to the Program.
- Immunization and Documentation Cover Sheet and copies of documents supporting each immunization status.
- Printout of your residency status from your myYC Portal record, please call 928-776-2149 for assistance if you need it. Include a copy of your Arizona Driver’s License. If the issue date on your license is less than a year old and you want points for Yavapai County Residency, attach utility bills in your name supporting one year’s county residency.
- Healthcare Provider Signature Form
- Copy of your HESI Pre-Admission Test Results.
- Advisor Pre-Entry Check Sheet Form for the Nursing Program. You will receive this form at your appointment with your advisor and you will need to attach a copy of your unofficial Yavapai College transcript for this application. In order to get credit for classes taken at other colleges, they must be evaluated to appear on your YC transcript. Please call 928-776-2106 (Prescott) or 928-634-6510 (Verde) to reach the advising department with questions or concerns.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card. Fingerprinting appointments are available online at www.azdps.gov through Fieldprint Fingerprinting (a third party vendor). Students must schedule an appointment through the website to process their fingerprint application for AZDPS. The online fee covers the cost for Fieldprint Fingerprinting and the DPS application fee. Applicants must bring their appointment number along with a government issued photo id, and a secondary form of identification to the designated location at the scheduled appointment time (see website for list of acceptable forms of identification). Failure to keep the appointment or cancellations less than 24 hours in advance will result in a rescheduling fee. Processing may take 4-13 weeks. Copies of both sides of the Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card are required as part of the application.
10.There is a $55.00 (fifty-five dollar) non-refundable application fee due at the time of application. Payment can be made at a Yavapai College cashier/business office or online at www.yc.edu/nursing by accessing the Pay Nursing Fees Online Box highlighted in yellow, located in the bottom right corner of the Nursing web page under Pay Fees. You must include a copy of your receipt as part of the Program Application
Additional Admission Requirements
- Drug testing, Criminal Background Check, and Immunization Tracker (One all-inclusive package through Castle Branch): additional fee due after conditional acceptance letter is received in the amount of $135.50. Additional amounts may be levied if you have had multiple addresses in past years.
1100 E. Sheldon Street
Prescott, AZ 86301
Submit your review