- The Department of Nursing at WSSU is a public premier nursing school based on quality in education, research and also public service, as well as diversity in student population and also program offerings.
- The Department of Nursing consistent with the WSSU objective and the mission of the School of Health Sciences provides professional nursing education that readies a Baccalaureate degree nurse generalist, as well as a graduate degree, advanced practice nurse and also nurse educator. The undergraduate curriculum provides experiences required for students to develop efficient communication and also critical thinking while carrying out therapeutic intervention, health promotion and also disease prevention, and evidence-base practice techniques. These experiences include theory, clinical practicums and also public service relevant for delivery of professional nursing care in various settings and to different
- Previous learning experiences are considered in the requirements for admission of a student population diverse in age, ethnicity, gender, academic levels, life experiences and also health care experiences.
About the school
- Winston-Salem State University (WSSU), a constituent school of the University of North Carolina, is a traditionally black public research institution situated in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America.
- It is an associate school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. WSSU is a certified university offering baccalaureate and also graduate programs to a diverse student population.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,260
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the university does not guarantee admission to the nursing program. Students must meet specific admission criteria and must apply for admission to the upper division of the major. Meeting the minimal admission criteria as listed below, does not guarantee admission into the Upper Division of Nursing.
Minimum Admission Criteria
- Cumulative GPA 2.6 or better
- Verbal/Critical Reading SAT score 470 if taken prior to march 2016; 500 if taken after march 2016 or ACT English score 19
- Grade of C or better in lower division nursing courses on the first attempt
- Satisfactory completion of core curriculum in general education and support course requirements.
- BIO 1331 Microbiology
- BIO 1131 Microbiology Lab
- BIO 2311 Anatomy & Physiology I (prereq BIO 1311)
- BIO 2111 Anatomy & Physiology Lab
- BIO 2312 Anatomy & Physiology II (prereq BIO 2311)
- BIO 2112 Anatomy & Physiology Lab
- CHE 1311 General Chemistry
- CHE 1111 General Chemistry Lab
- MAT 2326 Elementary Statistics or PSY 2326 or SOC 2326 or GER 2326
- PSY 3336 Lifespan Development
Address: 601 S Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27110, USA
Phone: (336) 750-2000
Submit your review