- The School of Nursing and Health offers a 4-year training program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Wright State University-Miami Valley School of Nursing and Health is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is also endorsed by the Ohio Board of Nursing. Graduates meet the requirements to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses.
- The college has contracts with more than 200 agencies in the area including hospitals, senior citizens centers, rehabilitation centers, county health departments, nursing homes, school systems, and day care centers which can be used for clinical experiences and Students are introduced to the different aspects of nursing via theory and research in the classroom. Outside the classroom, pupils will have clinical experiences in health assessment, community health, maternity, pediatrics, adult health, mental health and also complex care settings.
About the school
- Wright State University is a public research institution in Fairborn, Ohio, a suburb of Dayton, United States. Formerly operating as an outlet campus for Ohio State University and also Miami University, Wright State turned an independent institution in the year 1967.
- Its name honors the aviation pioneers Orville as well as Wilbur Wright, who were inhabitants of Dayton.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,130
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- High school cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above
- ACT score of 22 or higher or SAT score of 1030 or higher
- Be admitted to Wright State University as a matriculated (degree seeking) student by February 15th of your senior year of high school.
- Complete an interview with an admission panel. Students will be contacted by the College of Nursing and Health to schedule an interview day and time. This is the final step for admission to the College of Nursing and Health.
- Complete all undergraduate coursework with a minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Provide evidence of no criminal history record on file from both a Federal Bureau of Investigation and an Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (or applicable state) for background check. Please be aware that background checks may take up to 30 days to process. It is in your benefit to complete the background check one month prior to the College of Nursing and Health application deadline. Background checks can be done in the Educational Resource Center at 116 Allyn Hall.
- Submit an Intent to sEnrol form to the College of Nursing and Health Student Affairs Office, 160 University Hall by the following deadlines.
- Before you may begin your nursing courses, you must complete prerequisite courses or their equivalent with a grade of C or better, maintaining a minimum 2.75 prerequisite GPA:
- Anatomy 2100 (Human Anatomy I)
- Anatomy 2120 (Human Anatomy II)
- English 1100 (Composition I)
- Psychology 1010 (Introductory)
- Psychology 3410 (Lifespan Developmental)
- Chemistry 1020 (Organic)
- Biology 1050, 1070, 1120 or 1150
- Statistics 1600
Address: 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45431
Submit your review