- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program at Joseph and Nancy Fail College of Nursing at William Carey University was created to prepare the safe, generalist practitioner to enter the ever-changing field of nursing. Graduates are prepared for self-directed practice and also continuing progress in professional nursing. Long-term learning is emphasized as the graduate is ready to continue education beyond the baccalaureate level.
- The BSN degree is a fast-paced training program where students can complete the training program of study in 18-months once accepted to the nursing program. The degree is offered on both the Hattiesburg and also Tradition Campuses. Both campuses offer admittance during the Fall and also Spring terms. Hattiesburg classes are conducted in the Fail-Asbury Structure. Tradition classes are conducted at the new Tradition campus situated on Highway 67 in Harrison Region.
- The School of Nursing is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education as well as the Institutions of Higher Learning of the State of
About the school
- William Carey University is a non-public Christian liberal arts college situated in Hattiesburg, Mississippi in the USA, associated with the Southern Baptist Convention along with the Mississippi Baptist Convention.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,020
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to William Carey University does not mean that the student has been admitted to the School of Nursing. Admission to the School of Nursing is a separate admission process.
- The School of Nursing operates in accordance with requirements of state and national accreditation bodies. Planning related to curriculum, course scheduling, and staffing are made with consideration being given to these requirements. Admission is competitive for the designated number of students who can be accepted.
- Students for the pre-licensure program are admitted in the Fall and Spring trimesters. All prerequisite courses do not have to be completed prior to application, but the student must have successfully completed required pre-requisite courses prior to starting the nursing major.
- William Carey University has the pre-licensure BSN program on two campuses. However, students are only permitted to apply to one campus program. Once admitted to the nursing program on one campus, all nursing courses must be taken on that campus.
- Admission to nursing is competitive and is based on:
- Pre-admission exam score ATI TEAS (minimum composite score 67). Students take the TEAS exam on the Hattiesburg or Tradition campus. Prior to taking the exam, applicants must create a new account at www.atitesting.com which will give you a user name and password. You must have this information in order to login and take the ATI TEAS. Please do not register for ATI TEAS online. Practice exams can be purchased at www.atitesting.com/onlinestore.
- The test is offered at each campus twice yearly, by appointment, with dates for testing posted on each campus. The cost is $60 payable at the Business Office.
- The receipt of payment and a photo ID are required for admission to the exam.
- The exam consists of four sections:
- Reading Comprehension (42 test items/58 minutes)
- Math (30 test items/51 minutes) – No calculators allowed
- Science (48 test item/66 minutes)
- English & Language Usage (30 test items/34 minutes)
*The composite score is included in the compilation of information used to determine admission to the School of Nursing.
- The exam can be taken a total of three times at six-month intervals.
- We will accept official ATI TEAS test results from designated testing sites. However, these tests do count toward the total of the three allowed. (ATI TEAS tests are only allowed at six month intervals)
- If the ATI TEAS exam is taken at another site, an official score report must be submitted to the SON by the last date that the ATI TEAS is offered at WCU for the designated admission period.
- Interested students should review the section on the ATI TEAS prep course. (See the TEAS prep course tab for further information.)
- GPA – Minimum of 2.75 in the courses counting toward the BSN degree is required for consideration for admission. Any previous failures are counted into the GPA.
- Hours taken at William Carey University are considered in the application process.
- Any student with two or more D’s or F’s in the same course or a combination of D’s or F’s in two courses are not eligible for admission to the nursing program. This rule pertains to BIO 234, BIO 235, BIO 260, BIO 306, CHE 101, and HEA 240.
- Previous Failures and Transfer students:
- Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for information regarding previous nursing failures and transfers from other Schools of Nursing.
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Compliance with all health requirements
- Drug Testing
Address: 710 William Carey Pkwy, Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Phone: (601) 318-6051
Submit your review