- The Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing at WSU: Pre-Licensure Training program is a traditional 4-year, a pre-licensure nursing training program for pupils without prior nursing education or a nursing license who want to earn a BS degree and also obtain licensure as a registered nurse.
- Students start as nursing candidates and also complete prerequisite courses to get ready for the upper division nursing major, as well as General Education Training program courses to satisfy university requirements.
- Students must apply to the nursing major, normally during their 4th semester. The application is selective and also competitive. Successful candidates complete the nursing major in their final 4-semesters.
- Applications for admittance to the Nursing Pre-Licensure training program are accepted two times yearly. Applications to start the nursing major in the fall semester are due by February 1. Applications to start in the spring semester are due by October 1.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) certifies the Baccalaureate in Nursing training program at Winona State University.
About the school
- Winona State University (WSU) is a public institution situated in the historical heart of Winona, Minnesota, United States Of America. Winona State University was established as Winona Normal School in 1858 and is the most ancient member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. It is remarkable as the first university to be founded West of the Mississippi River.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,860
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students must complete the following prerequisite courses to prepare for the upper division nursing major. Students may apply to the major once they have completed 4 natural sciences, at least 3 social sciences, English and statistics. All prerequisites must be completed before beginning upper division nursing courses.
- BIOL 206 Normal Nutrition or HERS 205 Nutrition for Lifetime Wellness
- BIOL 209 Microbiology
- BIOL 211 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 212 Anatomy & Physiology II
- CHEM 210 General, Organic & Biochemistry or CHEM 212 & 213 Principles of Chemistry I & II
- PSY 210 Introduction to Psychological Science
- PSY 250 Developmental Psychology
- SOC 150 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 212 Sociology of Families
- ENG 111 College Reading and Writing
- STAT 110, 301 or 305 or PSY 231
- Have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.5 at the time of first application to the nursing program
- Have received a grade of C or above in all nursing prerequisite classes
- Not have repeated or withdrawn from any nursing prerequisite
- Earn a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score of proficient, advanced or exemplary (the TEAS may be taken only once, and should be taken the semester of application to the nursing major)
- Complete an average of 15 credits per semester (at least 45 credits at the time of application to the major)
- Apply for admission to the nursing major by the end of the student’s third semester of coursework at Winona State University
- See a WSU nursing advisor every semester
Address: 175 W Mark St, Winona, MN 55987, USA
Submit your review