The ADN training program at Wilkes Community College is four semesters and one summer session in duration. Enrollment is restricted to a total of 70– which includes both first and second-year pupils. It provides people with the practical knowledge and also competencies essential to administer nursing care to patients in many different settings.
Courses include content linked to the nurse’s position as a provider of nursing care, as a supervisor of care, as an associate of the discipline of nursing, and as an affiliate of the interdisciplinary team. Graduates who successfully complete the training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
About The School
Wilkes Community College, an associate of the North Carolina Community College System, United States, is a public, two (2) year, open-door school serving the residents of Ashe, Wilkes, and Alleghany regions and beyond.
Wilkes Community College was established in October in the year 1964 by the North Carolina Board of Education. The very first Board of Trustees was sworn into office on January 15, in the year 1965, and classes were initially conducted in August in the year 1965.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,890
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completion of a WCC Application-listing ADN as your Program of Study. Go to www.wilkescc.edu/admissions and complete the online application
- Completion of Placement Test or Satisfactory Exemption- Call our placement testing specialists to schedule your placement test or find out if you are exempt
- Attend a Nursing Information Session- Call Katie Wagoner after you complete your application to register
- Completion of High School Diploma or Recognized Equivalent
5.Submission of Official Transcripts Contact your high school(s) and college (s) if attended and request official transcripts be sent to WCC
- Required Courses Must have these three required courses completed by the MAR review deadline date to be eligible.
- Successful Completion of a MAR Review- As soon as steps 1-6 are complete call and schedule your MAR review appointment-begin studying for your TEAS test- your TEAS test scores must be presented by your MAR review appointment date
- Successful Completion of the Specified Aptitude Test (TEAS) Begin studying now for your TEAS test. This must be completed by your MAR review appointment date
- Minimum Program GPA This will be calculated during your MAR review appointment
Wilkes Community College
Address: 1328 S Collegiate Dr, Wilkesboro, NC 28697
Submit your review