The A.D. nursing training program at White Mountains Community College prepares pupils to provide direct care to patients, in acute, long-term, ambulatory and also mental health functions.
The training program includes nursing, science and general education courses. Nursing courses consist of classroom, simulation lab and also clinical experiences. Learning experiences and also clinical practical may differ in time and sites.
The training program may be fulfilled on a regular or part-time schedule. Classroom and also clinical aspects of the nursing training program must be completed at one time. All nursing courses must be fulfilled within four years from the date of entrance into the very first nursing course.
Upon satisfactory completion of the training program, the graduate is qualified to sit and take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Before fulfilling all training program course requirements, pupils may be qualified to apply to the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON) for extra licensure after the satisfactory completion of Nursing I (LNA) and also Nursing III (Licensed Practical Nurse).
About The School
White Mountains Community College (WMCC) is part of the Community College System of New Hampshire and is primarily based in Berlin with an academic center in Littleton. It offers a lot of programs, with nursing and also culinary degrees being a few of the more distinguished degree programs.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,210
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Meet college requirements for admission.
- Successfully complete the ATI TEAS or Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), Version V, with the minimum adjusted individual scores of: Reading 69.0%; Math 63.3%; Science 45.8%; English and Language Usage 60.0%. If the applicant must sit for the TEAS V more than once to achieve the required scores, the last two assessments only will be consolidated in assigning the scores. Students are allowed to test every six weeks but no more than three times in a calendar year. Test scores are valid for a period of two (2) years. The cost of the TEAS is $70.
- Two professional references, work or education related.
- Applications are not complete until all of the above-mentioned documents are in place. To qualify for early admission, applications must be completed by February 1st. If there is remaining availability after this review applications completed by April 1st will be considered for admission.
- Science courses must have been completed within five (5) years from beginning the Nursing courses. Transfer credits will only be awarded for grades of C+ or better for Anatomy & Physiology I and II and Microbiology. For Anatomy & Physiology I and II and Microbiology courses more than five (5) years old but less than eight (8), the student may take the corresponding Excelsior College exam and be given credit if they receive a C+ or better. Please contact the Nursing Program Department Chairperson for further information regarding this option.
LPN to RN Completion Pathway
Licensed Practical Nurses wishing to advance their education and complete their Associate of Science in Nursing may enter the second semester of the nursing program pending seat availability after meeting the following criteria:
- Have a current valid LPN license and evidence of recent practice.
- Meet all college requirements.
- Provide evidence of Anatomy & Physiology I with a C+ or better.
- Provide evidence of Human Growth & Development with a C or better.
- Take drug calculations test and achieve a 77% or better.
- Take ATI Practical Nurse Comprehensive Predictor and achieve 68% or better.
- Prove competency in specified skills such as: assessment including vital signs, medication administration, and sterile technique.
White Mountains Community College
Address: 2020 Riverside Dr, Berlin, NH 03570
Submit your review
Leave a Reply