- Nursing majors incorporate the University’s core requirements with extra courses in the humanities, physical and also social sciences, providing you with a solid liberal arts basis for professional nursing. The nursing labs will assist you to transfer theoretical knowledge to direct nursing interventions, while healthcare and community agencies will serve as placements for your clinical practice.
- Nursing is both an art as well as a science. The nursing training program includes courses in the liberal arts, the sciences, and nursing. The curriculum readies graduates to accept accountability for the care of clients and also families in various health care settings, to function in starting leadership positions, and to be consumers of and also participants in nursing research. All pupils must satisfy the University Graduation Requirements and also complete a common core of studies, distributed among the various academic fields as outlined in the Common Core.
- The RN to BSN training program prepares registered nurses (RNs) who possess an Associate of Science in Nursing to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The RN to BSN training program may be finished in 12, 15, or perhaps 24 months.
About the school
- Westfield State University is a large, coeducational, 4-year public institution in Westfield, Massachusetts.
- It was established in 1838 by noted educator and also social reformer Horace Mann as the very first public co-educational college in the USA without a barrier to race, gender, or even economic class.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $18,120
Total estimated cost of attendance for RN- BN is approximately $10,680
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application and fee
Freshman applicants can complete and sign the paper application or submit the online application. The application fee is $50. The application fee is waived for veterans and active members of the US Armed Forces. These applicants must submit a paper application.
- Official high school transcript(s)
Freshman applicants must submit an official high school transcript, beginning with grade 9 and including first quarter senior year grades.
Applicants who attended more than one high school are required to submit official high school transcripts from all high schools attended.
Applicants who earn a high school equivalency diploma (GED) are required to submit an official GED scores’ report and an official copy of their high school transcript(s).
- SAT and/or ACT scores
Please arrange to have your SAT and/or ACT scores sent directly to the Admission Office. The WSU College Board code is 3523 and the WSU ACT code is 1912.
Admission Requirements For RN-BSN
- Have an associate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on college/ university courses completed prior to admission
- Possess an unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in the United States by the start of the program
- Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- Submit one academic or professional recommendation
Address: 577 Western Ave, Westfield, MA 01086
Phone: (413) 572-5300
Submit your review