Nursing education programs involve supervised and precept clinical experience in health facilities such as hospitals, classroom instruction, and community experiences. Students take courses in behavioral sciences, biological sciences, and liberal arts in conjunction with nursing courses. Students must undertake the required nursing courses on a continuous full-time note within two years or 3 years maximum of if a disruption in education continuum happens.
The nursing program is a member of the WV Syndicate of Associate Degree Nursing Programs of the Community and Technical College System of WV.
Upon program completion of this basic accredited nursing program and subsequent completion of the National Council Licensure Exam, the candidates will apply to their chosen state for a license to practice.
About the school
West Virginia Northern Community College simply referred to as “Northern” is a public, community college with multiple campuses and the main campus situated in downtown Wheeling, West Virginia.
The main campus is accommodated in the previous Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Terminal at Wheeling. It was established in 1972 and provides an all-inclusive, two-year degree course for all six counties in West Virginia’s Northern Panhandle.
Total tuition cost of the program is for in-state residents is around $9,500 and $30,500 for out-of-state residents.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
West Virginia Northern Community College subscribes to an “open door” admissions policy. The college admits as a “regular” student anyone who has a high school diploma or its equivalent, and as a “special” student anyone else who can benefit from college instruction.
1. High School Diploma/GED (US / TASC Test) – Student must provide proof.
- Current and Non-Restricted WVNCC Student by application submission to Nursing Department.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended must be on file at the college by application submission to Nursing Department.
- Minimal College cumulative GPA of 2.5 /or if no college GPA – no completed college courses from any college- HS graduation GPA of 2.5 within last 5 years.
- Complete college assessment placement testing and meet minimum test scores / successfully complete required developmental courses if needed from ACT/SAT or scores on placement testing (ENG90-READ95-Math86)/ transfer in or completion of college level english and math.
- General Education core courses taken prior to admission accepted for transfer per college policy. Anatomy and Physiology courses must have been completed no longer than 3 years prior to admission semester.
- Submit official TEAS V or ATI TEAS Test score (60 composite) or HESI A2 Test Score (75) to Admission Department that verifies score within the last 3 years by application submission to the Nursing Department.
West Virginia Northern Community College
1704 Market Street Wheeling, WV 26003-3699
Submit your review
Leave a Reply