Students successfully completing the Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences program are qualified to take the licensure examination for registered nursing.
Registered nurses (RNs) perform physician directives for patient care and make independent decisions concerning patient care centered on the nursing process. As significant members of the health care team, RNs carry out a wide variety of functions, including planning and implementing care , evaluating patient conditions and environmental factors; assessing the outcome of care given; and reorganizing as needed.
This program is endorsed by the Michigan State Board of Nursing. Completion of the approved program does not guarantee successful performance on the licensure examination.
About the school
West Shore Community College in Scottville, MI, presents curricula to meet the needs of students with intent in an occupational program, and also for students wanting to transfer to a senior institution.
In 1967 West Shore was founded on 365 acres between Manistee and Ludington in Mason County, Michigan. West Shore also has a center in Manistee County, just north of the city of Manistee , along with its main campus.
Since 1967, West Shore Community College has experienced growth in facilities as well as student body. From an opening enrollment in the fall of 1968 of 118 students and an initial graduating class of 62 students, the college has developed to a present enrollment close to 1,200 students, with the most current graduation class comprising of nearly 140 students qualified to receive certificates or degrees.
West Shore Community College partakes in the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP), a quality-based, constant development model of accreditation through The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). This AQIP model is centered on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Program and unites a review process intended to provide concrete, clear and competent feedback to partaking institutions. Additionally, it offers the assurance of institutional quality to HLC and other constituencies and audiences.
Estimate of tution&fees per semester is $10,400
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
NURSING APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Before submitting your Nursing Program Application, make sure you have included ALL the following documentation:
Application period is January 1 – March 1 for admission beginning in the fall 2017
- Submit an admission application to West Shore Community College available on line @ https://my.westshore.edu/ICS/Admissions/1
- Eligibility for Math 120 as evidenced by (one of the following)
- MTH 051 with a C (2.0) or better
- MTH 120 with a C (2.0) or higher, or transfer equivalent, or applicable test scores to bypass requirement (check with Student Services for verification)
- ACT math score of at least 16 within the last 5 years
- Eligibility for ENG 111 as evidenced by
- English Comp I with a C (2.0) or better or equivalent transfer credit
- One or a combination of the following within the past 5 years:
- Successful completion of ENG 051 & ENG 052 must have a C (2.0) or better
- Applicable test scores to place into ENG 111 (check with Student Services for verification)
- ACT English score of 18 and an ACT reading score of 17 or higher
- Submit all OFFICIAL high school and college Transcript/s to Student Services. Address: West Shore Community College 3000 N. Stiles Road, Scottville, MI 49454.
- Submit the Nursing Application Form, and all necessary documentation, to Student Services
- Attach proof of Completed HESI test. Must score a 75 or higher. May only take the test twice
- Medical Math Test (Earn bonus points for completing this test by Feb 23rd. Must score 100% (three tries/application year allowed). Passage of the Medical Math Test is good for two years. There will be a Medical Math review offered online, through Canvas, and free of charge after January 1, 2017. If interested, please contact Wanell Cabot (231) 843-5818, [email protected] for details.
- Attach, if pertinent, verification of direct care (employment) within the past 3 years. For example a letter from an employer on agency letterhead indicating employment dates and job responsibilities.
- Attach signed background check authorization form
- Attach completed point sheet and any certifications
Student services will accept only completed packets. If any of the above items are missing, the application may be considered incomplete and will not be considered for acceptance. COLLEGE PLACEMENT/HESI/MEDICAL MATH tests & scores can be retrieved in the testing center (231.843.5528). Picture ID must be presented.
West Shore Community College
Address: 3000 N Stiles Rd, Scottville, MI 49454, USA
Phone: +1 231-845-6211
Leave a Reply