The Wenatchee Valley College Nursing Training program operates within the structure of the objective and goals of Wenatchee Valley College. As an element of the larger community, the Wenatchee Valley College Nursing Training program builds on the College objective by preparing students to successfully take the national registered nurse licensure examination (NCLEX-RN) as well as providing alternatives for transferring to baccalaureate programs after successful graduation.
The training program is sensitive to the changing requirements of the communities, is available to students seeking academic advancement, and is representative of the variety of the college community.
The Associate Degree Nursing Program sets pupils who are extremely educated, technically advanced, qualified and caring individuals to practice professional nursing in many different settings. Graduates of the training program are qualified to take the assessment for licensure as a registered nurse (NCLEX-RN).
The Wenatchee Valley College Nursing training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), with a status of Continual Accreditation.
About the school
Wenatchee Valley College (WVC) is a two (2) year community college situated in Wenatchee, Washington, United States Of America. The institution provides pupils with adult education classes, certifications, and two (2) year Associate Degrees. Wenatchee Valley College primary service district is one of the biggest in the state, serving a location larger than Massachusetts, at a lot more than 10,000 sqm.
The institution consists of 2 campuses: a primary campus in central Wenatchee, and also an Omak campus. Due to the near range to area high schools, Wenatchee Valley College keeps a considerable Running Start student population, with pupils attending college during the junior and also senior years in high school.
Wenatchee Valley College initially started as a private college in 1939, supported by donations from fifty-one (51) region residents. In 1941, Wenatchee Valley College was implemented into the state public education system. Initially, classes were conducted on the 3rd floor of the initial Wenatchee High School located at King and Idaho streets.
Total program cost is USD $7,250
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Cumulative GPA of2.5or higher
- Complete all prerequisites and corequisites with a “C” (2.0) or higher (PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology)
- Elective–One 5 credit Social Science or Humanities course
- Attend an Allied Health Information Session(www.wvc.edu/alliedhealth)
- Earn a passing score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (www.wvc.edu/TEAS)
- You must be 18 by the start of the Nursing program
- BIOL& 241 Human Anatomy & Physiology 1 with lab
- BIOL& 242 Human Anatomy & Physiology 2 with lab
- BIOL& 260 Microbiology with lab
- ENGL& 101 Composition: General
- MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics
One of the following:
- Nursing Assistant Certificate of Completion from an approved program (www.wvc.edu/cna)
- Current Washington State NA-C License
Wenatchee Valley College
Address: 1300 Fifth St, Wenatchee, WA 98801, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply