- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is for those enthusiastic about becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). Upon graduation from WCU with a BS in Nursing (BSN) training program their graduates can function as a self-direction professional and also should have the skills and knowledge necessary to start a career as a profession nurse.
- In addition to fulfilling West Chester University entrance requirements, applicants for nursing must have finished work equal to a standard high school syllabus, consisting of at least 16 units. The objective of the Division of Nursing at West Chester University is to provide top quality professional degree education in nursing. The baccalaureate training program readies graduates for entry to nursing practice.
About the school
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (WCUPA) is a public institution situated in West Chester, Pennsylvania, approximately 25 miles (40 km) west of Philadelphia. It is among the 14 state universities of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
- The university traces its beginnings to the non-public, state-aided school that existed from the year 1812 to 1869. As the state started to take increasing responsibility for public education, the Academy was turned into West Chester Normal School, still privately-owned and also state certified.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $31,550
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Every aspect of the application is considered: the strength of an academic record which includes the GPA and rank if provided, standardized test scores, personal statement, and requested program of study. The admissions committee prioritizes applicants with strong academic credentials and notifies the applicant of a decision soon after completion. Some candidates may be asked to submit additional information. In some cases, the application may be referred to the admissions committee for a second review.
In addition to meeting West Chester University entrance requirements, applicants for nursing must have completed work equal to a standard high school course including a minimum of 16 units:four units of English, three units of Social Studies, two units of Mathematics (one of which must be Algebra) and two units of science with a related laboratory or the equivalent. A combined score of 1000 is expected on the SAT examination.
Subjects and Number of Years
- English 4 years
- Math 3 years
- (Algebra I, II, Geometry or Computer Science) 3 years
- Lab Science (must include Biology and Chemistry) 3 years
- Social Studies 3 years
- Foreign Language (preferred) 3 years
Address: 700 South High Street West Chester, PA 19383
Main phone: 610-436-1000
Submit your review