- The Waynesburg University offers the BS in Nursing The BSN training program has full authorization status through the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing, the master’s degree in nursing and also the Doctor of Nursing Practice at Waynesburg University.
- Nursing education at the baccalaureate level readies a generalist who is capable of providing ethical and also scientific caregiving with multi-cultural patients, experiencing different health concerns, in various health care settings.
- The undergraduate nursing training program offers a curriculum sequence in which pupils may complete the course requirements for a baccalaureate degree in 4 academic years: Students accepted to the University enter the freshman year as “Exploring Nursing” and are designated a nursing faculty academic advisor for assistance regarding academic progression
About the school
- Waynesburg University is a non-public university situated in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, United States. The institution offers graduate and also undergraduate programs in over 70 academic concentrations, and enrolls over 2,500 students, including roughly 1,500 undergraduates.
- Waynesburg University was established in 1849 by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church and is an associate of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Waynesburg University is situated on a modern campus in the hills of southwestern Pennsylvania, with three adult centers located in the Pittsburgh regions of Southpointe, Cranberry and also Monroeville.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The undergraduate nursing program offers a curriculum sequence for students wishing to pursue a career in professional nursing. It is recommended that students interested in pursuing a BSN degree successfully complete, as part of their secondary school education, a minimum of:
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of Social Studies
- 2 units of Mathematics (including algebra)
- 2 units of science (with related laboratories)
- Students matriculating Fall 2014 and beyond: Achievement of at least a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 (on a scale of 4.0) by the end of the second semester of the Exploring Nursing (freshman) year.
- Current students who matriculated prior to Fall 2014: Achievement of at least a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) by the end of the second semester of the Exploring Nursing (freshman) year.
- Completion of 24 credits of required courses in the nursing major with a grade of C or higher in all courses.
- Completion of anatomy and physiology with a grade of C or higher during the freshman year.
- Completion of clinical requirements and criminal clearance background checks by July 31.
Address: 51 W College St, Waynesburg, PA 15370, USA
Submit your review