The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Wayne Community College provides you with the skills and also knowledge needed to provide nursing care to clients all through their lifespans in many different settings including hospitals, long-term care amenities, industry, clinics, physician’s offices, and community organizations.
As a graduate of this training program, you are qualified to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) that is necessary for practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). Preparation includes laboratory, classroom, and also clinical practice associated with the nurse’s position as a provider and also manager of care in the field of nursing, and as an associate of the interdisciplinary team.
About The School
Wayne Community College is a community college situated in Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States. It includes nine structures, with a campus area of more than 287,000 square feet. More than 14,000 curriculum and also extension pupils are enlisted at the college annually.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,000
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit an application for Associate Degree Nursing and Letter of Understanding to the Office of Admissions and Records. A faxed application and Letter of Understanding will not be accepted.
- Request that an official high school transcript or equivalent and ALL college transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records. These transcripts must be requested by you from your former schools, colleges and/or universities and must be received by WCC before the application deadline in order to complete your application.
- Take the placement tests (Accuplacer/CPT, ASSET or COMPASS and Computer Skills) or submit official SAT or ACT scores and meet the required minimum scores necessary for the Associate Degree Nursing program. Test scores must be within five (5) years of the program start Accuplacer/CPT, ASSET, COMPASS and Computer Skill placement tests and SAT or ACT tests taken before August 2012 must be retaken for a program starting August 2017.
- Completion of MAT 070 or MAT 080 (or a college level equivalent) with a minimum grade of C OR DMA 040, DMA 050, and DMA 060 with a minimum grade of P OR state-mandated NCDAP placement test scores.
- Provide evidence of completion of high school or college chemistry within ten (10) years of the program start date, August 2017, with a minimum grade of C. Chemistry taken before August 2007 must be retaken for a program starting Fall 2017. The Chemistry requirement must be completed before the final interview with Student
- Complete the admission process for Associate Degree Nursing with an official interview* with a WCC Student Development/Counseling Services counselor in the Wayne Learning Center Building for referral to the Admissions Committee for the year of application.
Wayne Community College
Address: 3000 Wayne Memorial Dr, Goldsboro, NC 27534
Submit your review
Leave a Reply