- The Edyth T. James Division of Nursing at Washington Adventist University is dedicated to providing high-quality baccalaureate Christian nursing education.
- The Edyth. T James Division of Nursing curriculum has been created for people to build professional skill in the scholarly practice of nursing. The training program of study offers intertwined theoretical and also clinical learning experiences. Several agencies are used for a clinical experience such as Washington Adventist Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, National Naval Medical Center, The MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Dimensions Health System, County Departments of Health, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Adventist Home Health, as well as other various skilled nursing facilities.
- The Edyth T. James Division of Nursing offers a 4-year training Graduates of the training program earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- The nursing training program is endorsed by the Maryland Board of Nursing and also certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
About the school
- Washington Adventist University is a Seventh-day Adventist liberal arts institution operating in Takoma Park, Maryland, United States. Since the year 2008, when its new president Weymouth Spence declared a modification on the school, the institution has seen its enrollment boost by 50%the.
- Washington Adventist University was founded in the year 1904 by the Seventh-day Adventist Church as Washington Training College. In the year 1907, it was renamed Washington Foreign Mission Seminary, in the year 1914, Washington Missionary College, in the year 1961, Columbia Union College, as well as in the year 2009 received its present name.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $20,050
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- ENGL 101 Composition
- ENGL 102 Research & Literature
- CPTR 105 Introduction to Computers
- COMM 105 Introduction to Human Communication
- PSYC 105 Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 210 Developmental Psychology
- BIOL 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIOL 140 The Human Body in Health and Disease or elective
- BIOL 150 Microbiology
- CHEM 114 General, Organic & Bio Chemistry or other chemistry course
- NUTR 260 Nutrition
- SOCI 105 General Sociology
- Acceptance into Washington Adventist University
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a C or better
- Submission of cumulative college GPA
- Proficient or higher level scores on the TEAS VI
- Personal Interview
- Writing proficiency-submission of a proctored essay on your nursing career goals (during personal interview)
- One letter of recommendation from a former professor, employer, co-worker, or pastor.
Address: 7600 Flower Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912
Submit your review