The Nursing training program in Walters State provides high-quality nursing education to the geographically large and also rural service region of East Tennessee.
The Nursing training program readies persons to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) following authorization by the State Board of Nursing to become registered nurses (RNs) and assume roles in the health-care field.
About The School
Walters State: The Terrific Smoky Mountains Community College is a state-supported community college managed by the Tennessee Board of Regents. It was founded in the year 1970 and is situated in Morristown, Tennessee, United States.
Total estimated tuition fee $13,775
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply, meet admission requirements and be accepted by Walters State Community College.
- Indicate Nursing as the desired major on the WSCC application form.
- Follow college policy for advising prior to registration.
- Successfully complete all required Learning Support courses prior to the selection process. (Note: Career Mobility students see Career Mobility section for requirement deadlines.)
- Successfully complete BIOL 2010 and 2011, BIOL 2020 and 2021 prior to the selection process. A grade of “C” or better must be achieved in all science courses. Biological science courses previously taken must have been completed within the last 10 years. (Note: Career Mobility students see Career Mobility section for requirement deadlines.)
- Complete computer competency requirement.
- Students cannot audit any nursing course without the approval of the dean of Health Programs/director of Nursing and/or chair of the Nursing Admission and Progression Committee.
A student who has received a “D” or “F” in a clinical nursing course or who has withdrawn from the clinical nursing program may apply for readmission.
The readmission policies are:
- A student must schedule an appointment with their faculty advisor or with the director of Nursing and complete exit interview process. Failure to complete the exit interview process may render the student ineligible to pursue readmission.
- A student must request in writing to the director of Nursing to be considered by the Admission and Progression Committee.
- A student is eligible to appear before the Admissions and Progression Committee two times. If readmission is not granted after the second application, the student becomes ineligible for readmission.
- The committee may allow a student to be readmitted without an interview under the following circumstances: obvious physical illness/disability necessitating the student’s withdrawal or student physical or psychological problems with physician documentation.
- Only one readmission to the clinical nursing program is permitted.
- If a student elects to apply for readmission, auditing a designated nursing course may be required to increase the probability of success.
- A student who fails NURS 1180/1181 (Transition to Nursing) may request admission into the first semester of Nursing. No readmission to NURS 1180/1181 will be allowed.
- A student with previous unsatisfactory clinical performance must be evaluated and recommended for readmission by a consensus of the nursing faculty.
- A student who has received two grades of “D” or below in clinical nursing courses will not be eligible for readmission.
- A student must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher to be considered for readmission.
- A student repeating a clinical nursing course must repeat both the theory and clinical components of the course.
- A student may be readmitted only if space is available.
- Any exceptions to the above policies must be approved by the Admission and Progression Committee.
Walters State Community College
Address: 500 S Davy Crockett Pkwy, Morristown, TN 37813
Submit your review
Leave a Reply