Wallace Community College, formally known as George C. Wallace State Community College, is a two-year institution of higher learning located in Dothan, Alabama.
Address: 1141 Wallace Dr, Dothan, AL 36303
Total enrollment: 4,949 (2011)Founded: 1947
Undergraduate tuition and fees: In-state tuition: 3,330 USD (2011), Out-of-state tuition: 6,090 USD (2011)
Wallace State Community College (WSCC), located in Hanceville, Alabama, encourages student success by offering day, evening, and weekend classes, as well as courses online. WSCC LPN School is committed to the community by promoting an innovative and engaging environment, WSCC also provides teaching excellence, valuing diversity, and forging strategic partnerships to advance economic development to enrich the community.
LPN Nursing Program Requirements
- Unconditional admission to Wallace Community College.
- Receipt of completed application for the Practical Nursing program.
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average for the last 24 hours of college credit for students with previous college work or high school diploma or GED for students with no previous college work.
- Students who have undergraduate-level credit hours will have a grade point average based on the most recent 24 hours of undergraduate credit hours.
- Students who have 24 or more credit hours at the graduate level will have a grade point average based on the most recent 24 hours of graduate level credit— undergraduate-level credit hours will be ignored.
- Students who have less than 24 hours at the graduate level will have a grade point average computed on the most recent 24 hours of undergraduate credit hours— graduate credit hours will be ignored.
- High school credits will not be used in calculating grade point average, except as required in the Early Admission for Accelerated High School Students program.
- Eligibility for the following courses on or before the program application deadline:
- ENG 101 and MTH 116 or higher level math as determined by College policy.
- BIO 201 through successful completion of BIO 103 or satisfactory performance on The Alabama Community System Biology Placement Exam.
- A status of good standing with Wallace Community College.
- Ability to meet the essential functions or technical standards required for nursing. A copy of the essential functions is available from the PN program office and published on the College website, www.wallace.edu.
- Completion of the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills, Version V (TEAS-V) within three years of the program application deadline.
LPN Program Contact information
Dr. Gwyn Galloway
Program Director, Practical Nursing
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (334) 556-2433
Ms. Hannah Mixson
Secretary, Practical Nursing
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (334) 556-2220
Submit your review