The ADN program is built to prepare chosen pupils to become qualified as contributing associates of the health team applying direct patient care as starting practitioners in many different health service amenities.
At the successful completion of the training program, pupils will be academically qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) leading to the status of registered nurse (RN). The training program is endorsed by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
About The School
Virginia Western Community College (VWCC) is a two (2) year public college situated on a 70-acre campus in the Franklin-Colonial neighborhood of Roanoke, Virginia, United States Of America.
It is the third (3rd) biggest college in the Virginia Community College System, United States. The school was established in 1966.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,428
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- VWCC college application
- Nursing program application
- Official High School transcript (Required for all applicants, including those with previous college degrees.) All transcripts must be sent to Pam Woody prior toMarch 1, (it must be in the original envelope with the envelope seal intact from the school that issues it, please do not open it).
- GED copy of scores (if applicable) – High School transcripts are still required if you completed at least 9th grade.
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended (except VWCC or any Virginia Community College) Official transcripts are still in the original sealed envelope from the school that issues it, please do not open.
- Applicants should remember that if you register for any college courses after your application is on file, you will be responsible for having “official” transcripts sent to us directly from any non-Virginia Community College
- Prerequisites of Algebra I, Biology, Chemistry, and college level Bio 141 and Bio 142 (Human Anatomy/Physiology I-II)
_____ Algebra I completed with a grade of “C” or better (high school or equivalent MTE units 1 – 6)
_____ Biology andChemistry (high school or college) – completed with a grade of “C” or better by the end of Spring 2017 semester (both courses must have a lab component)
_____ BIO 141 or college level equivalent (Human Anatomy/Physiology I) must be completed with a grade of “C” or better by the end of Spring 2017 (must include lab component)
_____ BIO 142 or college level equivalent (Human Anatomy/Physiology II) must be completed with a grade of “C” or better by the end of Summer 2017 (must include lab component)
- Have cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Kaplan entrance test.
Virginia Western Community College
3095 Colonial Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24015
Submit your review