Victoria College Associate Degree in Nursing Training Program offers a two (2) year Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in nursing.
Victoria College Associate Degree in Nursing Training Program is completely endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing and certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Successful completion of the Associate Degree in Nursing Program will permit graduates to apply to sit and write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Satisfactory passing of the examination will qualify graduates for licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
About The School
Victoria College (VC) is a community college serving Victoria, Texas, United States and the encircling counties. The college first started classes in the Patti Welder High School on February 4, in the year 1925.
After World War II, due to the growth of the surrounding area and also the college population from returning GIs, the school built its very own campus and also modified its name from the Victoria Junior College to Victoria College (VC). The institution shares some amenities with the University of Houston–Victoria.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,135
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Victoria College Application. An online application must be completed for admission to Victoria College. Admission information is located at http://victoriacollege.edu/admissions .
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Application- Apply to Victoria College Associate Degree Nursing Program by completing the program application.
- Request Official Transcripts from any other college or university that you have attended other than Victoria College and have them sent directly to:
Office of Admissions & Records
2200 East Red River
Victoria, Texas 77901
- TSI complete (Texas Success Initiative). Applicants must be TSI complete to qualify for admission.
- Prerequisite Courses- A grade of C or better by the application deadline in each of the following prerequisite courses: BIOL 2401, BIOL 2420*, PSYC 2301 and PSYC 2314. *BIOL 2420 cannot be more than 5 years old by the application deadline, and BIOL 2402 (not a Prerequisitecourse) cannot be more than 5 years old if taken before the start of the Nursing Program.
- GPA- The applicant must have an overall GPA of a 2.0 on all college hours attempted and a GPA of a 2.25 on the ADN program of study.
- ATI TEASExam- A qualifying ATI TEAS(TEAS V) adjusted individual total score of a 64% or higher is required for admission.
- Clear Criminal Background Check- A clear Criminal Background Check (CBC) must be on file in the ADN Office by the application deadline.
Address: 2200 E Red River St, Victoria, TX 77901
Submit your review