The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) in Vernon College Advisor provides academic advising to all pupils who wish to pursue an Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN). The Associate’s Degree in Nursing training program is a very thorough and challenging program, but a lot of pupils are successful in graduating and passing the professional licensure examination, NCLEX-RN.
The Associate Degree Nursing Training Program requires twenty (20) semester credit hours (SCH) of general education, six semester credit hours of related requirements, and 34 semester credit hours of nursing (RNSG) for both the Licensed Vocational Nursing Transition Track and the Generic Track.
Candidates to the Licensed Vocational Nursing Transition and Generic Programs will be chosen for admission based upon ranking according to point calculations derived from the Vernon College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Admission Point System. The training program encompasses three (3) semesters of nursing courses or a year of study
About The School
Vernon College is situated at 4400 College Drive in Vernon, county of Wilbarger, in Texas, USA. The two (2) year Vernon Regional Junior College welcomed its very first student body of 608 in the year 1972 and had a Board of Trustees of 7 associate members.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,950
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- College Application Form: apply to the College
- Official Transcripts: An official copy of transcript(s) from the high school of graduation or GED and all colleges or universities attended must be on file in the Office of Admissions for the ADN Department to evaluate.
- Official Transcripts: An official copy of transcript(s) from the high school of graduation or GED and all colleges or universities attended must be on file in the Office of Admissions for the ADN Department to evaluate. This must include the LVN/LPN program transcript.
- COLLEGE READINESS & New Student Orientation: All nursing students must have an admissions permit, attend new student group advising, and be considered “COLLEGE READINESS CLEAR” by Vernon College to be eligible to register during online campus connect registration.
- Entrance Exam Scores (HESI A2): The recommended passing composite score is 78. The HESI A2 entrance exam must be taken yearly.
- Online Nursing Application: will be posted by late November with general instructions for submission. All applicants are required to have a Vernon College e-mail address by the application deadline.
- Criminal Background Check: Admission to the ADN Program is conditional based on a DPS/FBI clear criminal background check (CBC), which is mandated by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON).
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 will be required for admission.
- A grade of C or higher must be achieved for admission consideration:
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I with lab(Prerequisite to A&P II& Pathophysiology)
- BIOL 2402 Anatomy & Physiology II with lab
- RNSG 1311 Pathophysiology
Address: 4400 College Dr, Vernon, TX 76384
Submit your review