- The BS in Nursing in Nursing (BSN) Training program is generic in nature with a pathway for registered nurses. The Training program is built to allow students to incorporate knowledge from theory and research, high-level skills, and also concepts of leadership into the practice of professional nursing care for persons, families, groups, and also communities.
- The BSN Training program provides a basis for graduate study. Bachelor of Science in Nursing generic graduates meet the requirements to apply to the Texas Board of Nursing to sit and take the National Council Licensure After efficiently completing this exam, the graduate is granted a license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas.
About the school
- The University of Texas–Pan American (abbr. UTPA) was a state university situated in Edinburg, Texas, United States. Established in 1927, it was a component school of the University of Texas System.
- The institution served the Rio Grande Valley and also South Texas with Baccalaureate, masters-level, and also doctoral degrees. The Carnegie Foundation classified The University of Texas–Pan American as a “doctoral research “
- From the institution’s founding until it was joined into the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, it grew from 200 to more than 20,000 students, making UTPA the 10th largest university in the state of Texas. The majority of these pupils were natives of the Rio Grande Valley.
- The University of Texas–Pan American also operated an Upper-Level Studies Centre in Rio Grande City, Starr County, Texas, USA. On August 15, the year 2014, Havidan Rodriguez was appointed Interim President of The University of Texas–Pan American.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $23,590
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Have a minimum 2.5-grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale in all prerequisite courses.
- Complete all BSN prerequisites with a minimum grade of ‘C’ in each course.
- Pass math quiz [grade of 100].
- Provide proof of current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for health care providers.
- Provide documentation verifying absence of active (infectious) pulmonary disease.
- Provide documentation verifying current immunization or immunity status for specified diseases (hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus/diphtheria or tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis, varicella, flu/influenza, meningitis if <age 22, etc.).
- Submit evidence of being cleared by the Texas Board of Nursing’s criminal background check.
- RN applicants: Be a registered nurse or have a temporary permit to practice professional nursing in the applicant’s state of residence.
- Submit application to the BSN Program by March 1st.
- Be admitted by the BSN Student Development Committee. After being rank-ordered according to prerequisite-GPA, students will be admitted on a space-available basis.
Address: 1201 W University Dr, Edinburg, TX 78539, USA
Submit your review