The Utah Valley University Nursing Training program is a student-centered engaged learning experience where faculty facilitates learning nursing care by means of simulation and also patient care.
The Associate in Science in Nursing w/BSN Completion (ASN) training program prepares the graduate to perform independently as an associate of the health-care team in organized health-care settings in which patients have typical health issues.
After successful completion of the four (4) semesters of the ASN training program, pupils would be qualified to graduate with an Associate in Science in Nursing degree and also apply to and sit take the NCLEX-RN examination.
About The School
Utah Valley University, or UVU, is a publicly funded university situated in Orem, Utah, United States of America with a fall 2016 enlistment of 34,978 pupils. Utah Valley University is the biggest public university in the State of Utah, USA.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,135
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the online Application for Admission available at: uvu.edu/admissions .
- PREREQUISITE GPA: accounts for 60% of the total points for first screening; 7 prerequisite courses are used in calculating this GPA. They are CHEM 1110, ENGL 1010, NUTR 1020, PSY 1100, ZOOL 2320, ZOOL 2420, and MATH 1050
- TEAS TEST SCORES: accounts for 40% of the total points for first screening; scores in 4 areas, as well as comprehensive score, will be awarded points.
- INTERVIEW: The interview process is standardized to ensure that each candidate interviewed has an equal opportunity to be objectively evaluated. If selected to interview, read the letter, follow directions, and study the suggested material that is sent by the nursing office. Prepare as you would for a professional job interview. At UVU, the Career Development Center in LC 409 helps students with professional interview skills. Interviews are held on the UVU campus. Interviews take approximately 2 hours to complete the process. An interview does not guarantee acceptance. From those interviewed up to 40 candidates will be selected, notified, and offered positions in the Nursing Program. A group of alternates will also be selected and notified. If accepted you must meet all deadlines. Failure to do so will forfeit your position and it will be offered to an alternate. Applicants may only interview twice in a 5 year time frame.
- Application Fee: Nonrefundable, $35 application fee accompanying first undergraduate, $15 for each returning/readmitting undergraduate application for admission, $45 for each graduate application for admission, $100 for international application for admission, $145 for each international MBA application. Application deadline for undergraduate admissions: fall semester, Aug. 1st; spring semester, Dec. 1st. Application deadlines for graduate admissions are set by the school to which the applicant is applying.
- Official Transcripts: All High School/College/University transcripts must arrive at UVU in an unopened envelope from the sending institution and must be printed with in the last six months to be considered official. High school transcripts can be considered official if they are emailed from the high school counselor to [email protected] or faxed, with a cover sheet from the high school, to 801.863.8913. Items must be received or postmarked before the admissions deadline.
- Official ACT or SAT scores: Current ACT or SAT test scores are required for all students under the age of 20. Send official test scores to the Office of Admissions. If the ACT or SAT have not been completed, the ACT-R can be taken at Testing Services in the Wolverine Services Center. Expired test scores (two years for math and three years for english will not prohibit admission to UVU. However, current placement scores may be required prior to registration of math or English courses.
Utah Valley University
Address: 800 W University Pkwy, Orem, UT 84058, USA
Submit your review