The two-semester associate of applied science degree training program at Utah State University Eastern teaches pupils how to manage the care of clients in many different health-care environments, administer medications and also treatments, direct clients, and also promote health. Graduates are ready to take the NCLEX-RN examination for licensure. Upon successful passing, graduates can be eligible for roles as entry-level Registered Nurses (RNs).
The Associate of Applied Science Degree establishes upon the practical nursing certificate and is created for pupils who desire to continue their nursing education and also acquire licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
A minimum of 15 hours of general education, which shall consist of courses in composition, math, human relations, and 6 hours outside the major are needed along with the major courses for the Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS).
About The School
Utah State University Eastern (or shortened as USU Eastern) is a public regional college within the Utah State University system, USA. The USU Eastern primary campus is situated in Price, Utah, United States of America along with a satellite site referred to as the Blanding Campus, which is situated in Blanding, Utah.
Established as Carbon College in the year 1937, the college signed up with the University of Utah system in the year 1959 for ten (10) years and was renamed College of Eastern Utah (CEU).
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,950
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete a Utah State University (USU) Admissions Application and be accepted, if not a current or past USU student. Please note there is a $50 application fee.
- A minimum of 15 hours of general education, which shall include courses in composition, math, human relations, and six hours outside the major are required in addition to the major courses for the Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Complete AAS application with non-refundable $30.00 application fee submitted at time of application.
- Complete Permission for Release of Information.
- Provide email addresses of three references.
- Submit current State of Utah License in Practical Nursing (LPN).
- Competitive TOEFL score for non-native English speaking students
- Earn a minimum grade of B- in each pre-requisite and PN nursing course.
- BIOL 2320 – Human Anatomy 4
- BIOL 2420 – Human Physiology 4
Must be taken within 5 years of entrance into the Practical Nursing Program.
- CHEM 1010 – Introduction to Chemistry (BPS) 3
- CHEM 1110 – General Chemistry I (BPS) 4 and
- CHEM 1115 – General Chemistry I Laboratory 1
- ENGL 1010 – Introduction to Writing: Academic Prose (CL1) 3
- FCHD 1500 – Human Development Across the Lifespan (BSS) 3
- STAT 1040 – Introduction to Statistics (QL) 3
- STAT 1045 – Introduction to Statistics with Elements of Algebra (QL
Utah State University Eastern
Address: 451 E 400 N, Price, UT 84501, USA
Submit your review