- The UT Tyler offers the entire curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in nursing degree on the Tyler, Longview and also Palestine campuses. All courses are taught live on all campus, and also clinical experiences are carried out in the area close to the student’s home school. Besides the general BSN degree path, UT Tyler offers nursing RN to BSN and also Patriot Accelerated Nursing BSN paths.
- Upon completion of the BSN curriculum at the Tyler, Longview, or even Palestine campus, graduates meet the criteria to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN). The University of Texas at Tyler School of Nursing readies graduates to meet health care requirements as generalists.
- Emphasis is put on the development of professional identity via exploration of the major concepts of nursing. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate and Nursing training program at The University of Texas at Tyler.
About the school
- The University of Texas at Tyler (generally known as UT Tyler) is a coeducational public institution situated in Tyler, Texas, United States Of America. Established in 1971, it is a part institution of The University of Texas System.
- UT Tyler comprises of 5 professional colleges as well as one traditional college of arts and science, offering more than 90 academic degree programs at the bachelor, master, and also doctoral levels.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,220
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students must be Texas Core-complete BEFORE beginning the BSN program. They can be in progress of the final 15 hours of pre-requisite or core courses when they apply for the BSN program, pending that those courses are completed before the program courses begin.
- See the UT Tyler Core Curriculum for the most current core curriculum that UT Tyler requires.
- Chemistry (and lab) (CHEM 1305 and 1105 Recommended)
- Microbiology (and lab) (BIOL 2320 and BIOL 2120)
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (and labs) (BIOL 2301 and 2101, BIOL 2302 and 2102)
- Nutrition (ALHS 3315)
- Lifespan Growth & Development (PSYC 2320)
- Introductory Psychology (PSYC 1301)
Students are required to have a 2.75 or higher GPA in all pre-requisite courses and nursing pre-requisite courses
Students that were admitted to UT Tyler as freshman applicants (entered with fewer than 30 semester credit hours) are guaranteed admission to the School of Nursing if they meet the minimum criteria:
- GPA of 2.75 or higher in core and Nursing pre-requisite courses
- Did not repeat any of the Nursing Pre-requisite sciences, nor NURS 3205, nor NURS 3303
- Were never on probation, or allowed their cumulative GPA to fall below 2.0 in any term at UT Tyler
- Made a minimum Total Score of 58.7% on the ATI TEAS (Maximum of 2 attempts)
Address: 3900 University Blvd Tyler, Texas 75799
Submit your review