- The 4-year Bachelor of Science in nursing at USD degree prepares you to meet the significantly complex demands of the health care profession. You will learn in an excellent and unique environment from registered nurse educators offering academic expertise and also real-world experience from various clinical areas.
- Graduates meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses for licensure as a registered nurse (RN). Undergraduates are at first accepted as pre-nursing students and also must apply to the BSN training program.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is built to provide the specialized skills and also knowledge needed to satisfy the increasingly complex demands of the nursing profession. The learning experience provides an excellent and unique environment: Faculty associates are registered nurse educators offering academic expertise and also real-world experience from various clinical areas; Simulation classrooms with state-of-the-art equipment; and also Interactive learning modules. USD’s long-standing relationships with many clinical organizations ensure sufficient opportunities for excellent clinical, educational experiences.
About the school
- The University of South Dakota (abbreviated as USD or even the U) is a public, coeducational research institution situated in, South Dakota, United States. The Dakota Territory legislature founded USD in the year 1862, 27 years before the formation of the state of South Dakota ( first classes was conducted 1882 in the Clay County Courthouse), USD is the most ancient public university in the state.
- The University of South Dakota, via the University Centre in Sioux Falls, provides undergraduate and also graduate educational possibilities. Pupils may complete a USD undergraduate degree or even certificate entirely in Sioux Falls at University Centre.
- South Dakota’s biggest metro area needs South Dakota’s largest variety of off-campus programs. At University Centre in Sioux Falls, you could choose from select Bachelor’s and also master’s degrees programs from Beacom School of Business the College of Arts & Sciences and also School of Health Sciences.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,130
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. The nursing department reserves the right to deny admission based on the best interest of the profession. Failure to disclose previous or pending convictions may lead to denial of admission.
Applicants will be evaluated for conditional acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 in prerequisite B.S.N. courses
- A grade of C or above is required for all prerequisite coursework
- Students may repeat one of the following science courses one time within the last five years to be considered for admission to the B.S.N. program: CHEM 106/106L; PHGY 220/220L; PHGY 230/230L; and MICRO 230/232
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2) is required. You must have a cumulative HESI Admission Assessment Exam score of at least 80 percent to be admitted
Address: South Dakota Public Universities and Research Center 4801 N Career Ave Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Submit your review