- The 4-year Bachelor of Science in nursing at USD degree prepares you to fulfill the increasingly complex demands of the health care profession. You will learn in a vibrant and also unique atmosphere from registered nurse educators offering academic expertise and also real-world experience from various clinical areas.
- Graduates meet the requirements to sit and take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses for licensure as a registered nurse (RN). Undergraduates are at first admitted as pre-nursing pupils and also must apply to the BSN training program.
- In 2017, over 92% of their students passed the NCLEX-RN on the first try, surpassing both national as well as South Dakota averages. The Rapid City Nursing offices and also most nursing classes meet in the Health Sciences Centre situated at 1011 11th Street in Rapid City, SD.
About the school
- The University of South Dakota (or informally USD or perhaps the U) is a public, coeducational research institution situated in the small town community of Vermillion, South Dakota, United States.
- The Dakota Territory legislature founded USD in 1862, 27 years before the formation of the state of South Dakota (first classes was conducted in the year 1882 in the Clay County Courthouse), USD is the most ancient public university in the state.
- The University of South Dakota provides educational possibilities in Rapid City, SD at University Centre – Rapid City. USD offers degree programs and also classes built to satisfy the needs of students in Rapid City along with the surroundings. Program advising and also assistance with registration and also financial aid is available at University Centre – Rapid
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,130
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. The nursing department reserves the right to deny admission based on the best interest of the profession. Failure to disclose previous or pending convictions may lead to denial of admission.
Applicants will be evaluated for conditional acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 in prerequisite B.S.N. courses
- A grade of C or above is required for all prerequisite coursework
- Students may repeat one of the following science courses one time within the last five years to be considered for admission to the B.S.N. program: CHEM 106/106L; PHGY 220/220L; PHGY 230/230L; and MICRO 230/232
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2) is required. You must have a cumulative HESI Admission Assessment Exam score of at least 80 percent to be admitted
Address: 4300 Cheyenne Blvd. Rapid City, SD 57709
Submit your review