- The University of South Carolina Beaufort at present offers two paths. One is an RN to BSN completion path, which graduated its very first class in April 2009. The other is a pre-licensure path, with its first graduating class in spring 2011. The RN to BSN path provides a BSN degree to registered nurses who possess a diploma or even associate degree in nursing.
- The pre-licensure path provides a four-year course of study to the BSN. Pre-licensure pupils who are completing their pre-nursing requirements may apply for admittance into the BSN major up until August 1 of each year. Applicants will be informed of the admissions committee decision by October 31st. Core nursing courses will start in the following spring semester.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) fully certified the training program effective November 2008 and also fully authorized by the South Carolina Board of Nursing effective November 2011.
About the school
- The University of South Carolina Beaufort (typically shortened to USCB or USC-Beaufort) is a public institution serving approximately 2,000 students with two campuses situated in the Lowcountry region of South Carolina, United States.
- The larger “Hilton Head Gateway” campus is situated between Bluffton and Hardeeville close to Hilton Head Island. The unique Historic Beaufort campus is situated in downtown Beaufort.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,120
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Required prior to admission
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (BIOL B243 & B244)
- English Composition & English Composition & Literature (ENGL B101 & B102)
- College Algebra (MATH B111 or higher)
- Psychology & Development Psychology (PSYC B101 & PSYC B209 or B321)
- Chemistry (CHEM B109)
- Sociology (SOCY B101)
- Microbiology (BIOL B230)
- Nutrition (BHRM B240)
- Speech (COMM B140, B201 or B230)
- Statistics (STAT B201)
Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and an overall science GPA of 2.75 or above (all collegiate science coursework, i.e., biology, chemistry, physics, etc.).**
The admissions committee (officially known as the Department of Nursing Student Affairs Committee) will take into account the following:
- Academic history and trends including overall and science GPA
- Acceptable scores on the nursing pre-admission test (overall and subtest scores)
- Number of courses successfully completed toward the major
- Residence in local counties principally served by the USC-Beaufort mission
Address: 801 Carteret St, Beaufort, SC 29902, USA
Phone: (843) 208-8000
Submit your review