- The School of Nursing at USC offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This program is endorsed by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing and is fully certified by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The graduate of this training program is prepared to practice professional nursing in various settings and also has the necessary background for graduate nursing education.
- The School of Nursing objective, in alignment with that of the University of South Carolina Aiken, is to endeavor to prepare pupils with the skills and knowledge necessary for success in a rapidly changing society.
- You MUST be admitted to USC Aiken first. This should be done eight weeks before the application due date. If you make an application after the deadline, there is no assurance that your USC Aiken application will be complete or perhaps that your transcripts will be evaluated by the nursing application due date. If you have not been admitted or even your transcripts evaluated by the deadline, your application will not be regarded.
About the school
- The University of South Carolina Aiken (generally known as USC Aiken, USCA, or even South Carolina Aiken) is a 4-year, public, coeducational university in Aiken, South Carolina, United States.
- The institution offers undergraduate degree programs and also master’s degrees in elementary education, educational technology and also applied clinical psychology.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,550
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
March 15 to begin in August and October 15 to begin in January. If the 15th is a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline is the Friday before. All applications must be submitted by midnight of the deadline listed above. An application received at 12:01am will be deemed ineligible.
In order to apply, your CORE GPA (for core courses) must be a 3.0 or higher. You must calculate all grades if any course was repeated. Grades that are 10 years or older and have been repeated may be left off the application.
All general education courses must be completed with a “C” or better.
Grading for AP, IB and CLEP:
AP: 5=A; 4=B+; 3=B
IB: 7=A; 6=B+; 4=B
CLEP: Based the course and your score
Students applying under the 16/2 Internal Forgiveness Policy must include a Special Consideration. This will be discussed with Ms. Simmons during advisement.
Prerequisite Core Courses
All prerequisite core courses must be complete at the time of application: NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are a transfer student, each required course must have been evaluated and show in the USC Aiken system.
Thirty (30) Prerequisite Hours: the nine courses must be completed and the final grade submitted at the time of application. If you are currently taking even one of these courses your application is incomplete and will NOT be considered by the admissions committee. You may use the grade for one of the following: EDPY 330, PSYC 310 or STAT 201. However, PSYC 310 or EDPY 330 AND STAT 201 MUST be complete before beginning clinical nursing.
Microbiology is required prior to beginning nursing courses. You must either have taken it or currently be taking it at the time of application. The ONLY exception is August admission applicants who can be take in the summer. You must earn a “C” or better. If you receive below a “C”, your acceptance will be withdrawn and you must reapply.
Two references are required using the USC Aiken SON Reference form available online. Both references MUST be college level academic and from a professor who taught you in a course, traditional or online. We will not accept references from family, friends, family friends, employers, coworkers, or advisors.
Address: 471 University Pkwy, Aiken, SC 29801, USA
Phone : 803-648-6851
Submit your review