- The baccalaureate training program in nursing is built to prepare pupils to become professional Registered Nurses. Nursing is an innovative profession that provides human services for the promotion of health, prevention of illness and also takes care of the ill. It is interdependent with all other fields concerned with health. Therefore the curriculum combines the humanities along with the physical and also social sciences with nursing courses. Students make use of a systems perspective as a conceptual base to understand nursing.
- 4 The nursing curriculum provides possibilities for pupils to function efficiently in the community and also home care settings, to apply physical evaluation skills, and to incorporate present evidence into practice.The curriculum further explores lots of the legal, ethical, and also professional issues impacting modern nursing practice such as end-of-life care, delegation strategies, as well as the efficient use of technology. During the study, pupils are supported in their development of critical thinking skills to foster a meaningful change to professional practice.
- Students start nursing courses during their freshman year with NUR 100, Professional Practice in Health and also Illness. The BS is built to prepare students to become professional nurses, qualified to take the State Licensing Examination.
About the school
- The University of Rhode Island, typically known as URI, is the principal public research as well as the land grant and sea grant institution for the state of Rhode Island, United States of America.
- The University was first acquired as the state’s agricultural school and also agricultural experiment station in the year 1888. The site of the institution was initially the Oliver Watson Farm, whose original farmhouse is currently a small museum. In 1892, the institution became known as the Rhode Island College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,220
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by the Early Action deadline (December 1). Those who have demonstrated strength in math and science will be given preference.
GPA SAT (Reading & M) ACT
3.75/4.0 Old: 1147 26
- A completed Common Application
- Application fee of $65 (can be paid online)
- Official high school transcript (preferably through the Common Application)
- List of senior courses (admission is contingent upon successful completion of all your current coursework and graduation from high school)
- An essay
- At least one letter of recommendation (please limit to two). If your guidance counselor writes your letter of recommendation (which is our preference), there is no need to submit a teacher evaluation/recommendation. Pharmacy applicants are required to provide two letters of recommendation.
Admission to the University of Rhode Island is competitive, and each candidate for admission receives individual consideration. All applicants must complete a minimum of 18 units of college preparatory work:
- 4 in English
- 3 in mathematics including Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and geometry
- 2 in a physical or natural science (including at least one laboratory science)
- 2 in history or social science
- 2 in the same foreign language*
- 5 additional college preparatory units to total 18
Address: 45 Upper College Rd, Kingston, RI 02881, USA)
Submit your review