- Penn Nursing incorporates the resources and also opportunities of a large institution with the intimacy and also the personal attention of a small school. Their traditional 4-year BSN is a direct-entry training program for graduating high school seniors.
- At Penn Nursing you will learn from a devoted faculty whose achievements are recognized You will benefit from the academic possibilities of an Ivy League university while enjoying an exciting and also fulfilling campus life. You will acquire clinical experience in many of the nation’s top hospitals, situated just steps from your classrooms.
- The nursing training program starts in your freshman year with a blend of science courses, nursing courses and also liberal arts courses, and also students are inspired to take advantage of their flexible curriculum as well as take courses offered within Penn’s four undergraduate schools. Clinicals start in the spring of your sophomore year, and also students will have experiences in primary care, women’s health, acute care, and also mental health settings working with clients from newborns to older adults.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Baccalaureate degree in nursing at the University Of Pennsylvania College Of Nursing.
About the school
- The University of Pennsylvania (typically referred to as Penn or UPenn) is a non-public Ivy League research institution situated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America. Incorporated as The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn is among the 14 founding associates of the Association of American Universities as well as one of the nine unique colonial colleges.
- In the year 1740, a group of Philadelphians combined to build a great preaching hall for the traveling evangelist George Whitefield, who toured the American colonies delivering outdoor sermons.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $33,780
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply to Penn Common Application & Penn Writing Supplement- As a part of the Common Application, applicants must complete a personal essay. Additionally, Penn applicants must complete the Penn Writing Supplement.
- Official High School Transcript- Must be submitted directly from the school
- SAT or ACT (required)- ACT1 or Old SAT (2400 scale) or New SAT (1600 scale)2
- Additional Letter of Recommendation: Recommendations from teachers give us a more subjective evaluation of your work and provide a perspective that may not be evident from grades and scores. Penn requires two teacher recommendations, ideally from teachers with whom you have had class in your junior or senior year in major academic subjects—math, science, social science, English, or foreign language. We take teacher commentaries seriously, so it is best to find people who are well acquainted with your work and potential.
The Admissions Committee pays very close attention to what your teachers have to say about you.
Address: Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Telephone: (215) 898-8281
Submit your review