The ADN training program is available only at the Watertown campus site. Admission is only intended for those holding a presently active and also unencumbered Licensed Practical Nurse license.
After successful completion of the training program pupils meet the requirements to take the National Council of Licensing Examination (NCLEX) for licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). The training program will never assure RN licensure upon completion of the training program.
About The School
The University of South Dakota (informally USD or even the U) is a public, coeducational research university situated in the small city community of Vermillion, South Dakota, United States.
The University of South Dakota was founded by the Dakota Territory legislature in the year 1862, 27 years prior to the creation of the state of South Dakota (first classes conducted in the year 1882 in the Clay County Courthouse), The University of South Dakota is the most ancient public university in the state.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,176
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- Unencumbered, current LPN license
- Applicants who have not graduated from high school but who have earned a G.E.D. High School Equivalency certificate may be considered for admission based on their G.E.D. scores. They may be required to submit ACT test results and may be required to provide evidence of specific competence in a given curriculum.
- A minimum 2.7 GPA is required for all post-high school coursework with an emphasis on coursework within last five years
- A grade of C or above is required for all general coursework
- Earn an overall grade point average of “C” or higher in the following required high school courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Advanced Math (algebra and above)
- 3 years of Social Sciences
- 3 years of Laboratory Science (biology, chemistry, physics, or approved physical science or earth sciences) One year of Fine Arts
- Complete application for the nursing program must be submitted by the published deadlines
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2) is required. You must have a cumulative HESI Admission Assessment Exam score of at least 80 percent to be admitted.
- The LPN to RN student must complete all general education courses (30 hours) and departmental requirements. Anatomy & Physiology I (PHGY 220/220L) with a C or above must be completed prior to admission to LPN to RN
- Nontraditional students (24 years of age or older), who do not meet the above criteria, may be admitted at the institution’s discretion.
- Students applying to the University who are not United States citizens must:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 71 or higher (iBT)
- 530 or higher (paper test)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 6.0 or higher
University Of South Dakota
Address: 414 E Clark St, Vermillion, SD 57069
Submit your review