- Pupils picking the Traditional (classroom) BSN Option complete 125 semester hours of general education and also professional nursing courses. The first two years of the SYLLABUS include courses in the humanities and also biological, physical and behavioral sciences to provide a basis for growth in the nursing major. The third and fourth years include clinical and also non-clinical professional nursing courses and electives. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the nursing school. The Traditional BSN Option complete 128 semester hours of general education and also professional nursing courses.
- Traditional BSN Accelerated Option is designed for people with a Bachelor’s degree from a certified University in any field, besides Nursing. A 16-month training program starting January each and every year
About the school
- The University of North Alabama is a coeducational university situated in Florence, Alabama, USA. It is the state’s most ancient four-year public university.
- The University of North Alabama was established as LaGrange College in the year 1830. It was reestablished in the year 1872 as the very first state-supported teacher’s college south of the Ohio River. A year later on, it turned out to be among the nation’s first coeducational institutions.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION along with a non-refundable $35 processing fee.
- Have your most recent official high school transcript sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Have your official ACT or SAT scores sent to the Office of Admissions, if these scores are not on your official high school transcript. You can request these at www.act.org. Our ACT code is 0014 and our SAT code is 1735.
- If you have taken classes for dual-credit at another college or university, have your official transcripts sent to UNA.
- ACT 18 or above (Composite) or new SAT of 940 and
- Students must have a minimum of a 2.8 overall GPA. Students must have at least a C in all classes to be used as a prerequisite. We will not accept any prerequisite classes that students have not made a C or higher in.
- Applicants must also have at least 13 high school units distributed as follows:
- English: (4 approved units)
- Mathematics: algebra I, algebra II, geometry, trigonometry, statistics or calculus (2 units)
- Natural or Physical Science: one biological and one physical science (2 units)
- Social Studies: one unit American/United States history and at least 1/2 unit in government, with the balance from world history, state history, economics, geography, psychology, political science or anthropology. (3 units)
- Other: foreign language, computer sciences, or any of the courses listed in the above areas which are not used to meet requirements in those areas (2 units)
The following should be used as a general guide and students seeking admission
- Written Composition I and II; Literature of the World I and II; Introductory Biology with lab; Introductory Chemistry with Lab; Nutrition; General Psychology; United States History to 1877 and United States History since 1877 or Survey of Western Civilization to 1500 and Survey of Western Civilization since 1500; 3 hours of selected Fine Arts such as Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, or Religion.
- Fundamentals of Speech; Finite Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Algebra; Human Anatomy and Physiology with lab I and II; Microbiology; Human Growth and Development; Elementary Statistics; Introduction to Nursing NU200 or NU200R ; Computations for Health Care Personnel NU202 or NU202R. These classes must be taken at UNA and are available in face to face and online mode.
Admissions Requirement Traditional BSN Accelerated Option
- Acceptance to UNA
- Traditional BSN admissions requirements specific to nursing
- Evidence of a 3.0 GPA in either the first degree or on the completed prerequisite courses
Address: 1 Harrison Plaza, Florence, AL 35632
Submit your review