In August the year 2016, UNM-Taos, partnered with the University of New Mexico (UNM), started admitting BSN pupils into the typical statewide curriculum via participation in the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium.
Pupils in the University of New Mexico Collaborates BSN training program of study will graduate with an associate degree in nursing (ADN) from UNM-Taos and also with a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from the University of New Mexico. They will meet the specifications to take the NCLEX-RN examination for licensing as registered nurses (RN).
Pupils who successfully complete the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) training program will be qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensing as Registered Nurses (RN). Training program graduates may carry on their education towards a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) at selected four (4) year institutions. The nursing training program class and also clinical periods are primarily conducted during the daytime hours.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The University of New Mexico (generally known as UNM) is a public research university situated in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. It is New Mexico’s flagship research school, the biggest post-secondary school in the state in total enrollment across all of the campuses as of 2012, as well as one of the state’s biggest employers.
Established in the year 1889, The University of New Mexico offers bachelors, masters, doctoral and professional degree programs in numerous fields. It’s Albuquerque campus presently covers over 600 acres, and also there are outlet campuses in Gallup, Taos, Los Alamos, Rio Rancho, and Los Lunas. UNM is classified as an R1 doctoral university (topmost research activity) in the Carnegie Grouping of Institutions of Higher Education, with 3 Nobel laureates associated or affiliated.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,825
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Be enrolled as a UNM-Taos student.
- Have completed all prerequisite courses.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the prerequisite courses and a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.0. The GPA requirement must be fulfilled at the end of the spring semester prior to the current application deadline.
- Have taken the current version of the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) preadmission exam and obtained the minimum eligible score. Previous scores may not be eligible and students may be required to test during the designated open application testing periods. Refer to current application/testing instructions for eligible scores.
- Have submitted a complete nursing program application. A new application is required if reapplying.
- Have submitted all official transcripts.
- Completed all application requirements as stated in the current application packet instructions.
The University of New Mexico
Address: Albuquerque, NM 87131
Submit your review