- Becoming a registered nurse at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is an exciting venture that leads to open doors of possibility. The BSN degree training program integrates liberal arts and also nursing coursework in the syllabus that provides the education and also skills required for a lifetime of personal and also professional growth. The science and liberal arts aspects of the curricula provide the pupil with a footing for advanced studies at the upper division nursing level and also prepare graduates to participate in the full scope of professional nursing practice across all health care functions.
- The significance of the BSN education in the 21st century was strongly developed in 2010 when the Institute of Medicine alongside the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation published The Future of Nursing: Advancing Health report, Leading Change.
- The training program is also opened to registered nurses with an associate degree or diploma looking for upward flexibility in the profession. RN to BSN Completion courses is online or hybrid to provide mobility of scheduling for RN’s who are regularly employed (full time) in the profession.
- Upon successful completion of courses and also training program requirements pupils meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
About the school
- The University of Arkansas- Pine Bluff (UAPB) is a historically black university situated in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, United States of America.
- Established in 1873, the second most ancient public institution in the state of Arkansas, USA.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Gain admission to the University.
- Declare nursing as an intended major.
- File an application with the Department of Nursing no later than March 15 for the fall semester of the year in which the student plans to seek admission.
- Students admitted to the program must have completed program prerequisite courses and maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale and a grade of ‘C’ orbetter in all prerequisite courses. Admission GPA is calculated using only general education prerequisite courses. Elective course hours are excluded from calculation of the GPA.
- Successfully complete the required Departmental Admission Exam (s) (The Department reserves the right to determine the vendor for the Admission Exam.)
- Submit official copies of transcripts from all schools attended.
- Obtain an ACT of 19 or above or comparable Compass test scores. Evidence of successful completion of required remedial courses may be accepted.
- Students who speak English as a second language shall meet the same admission
- In addition, international students must follow the admission
procedures for the University shall pass an English proficiency examination.
- Upon Admission to the program students must present evidence of clinical requirements:
- TB Skin Test
- Hepatitis Series
- Current CPR Certification
- Criminal Background checks (CBC)
- Urine Drug Scree
Admission Requirements for LPN/LPTN-BSN
Applicants who have a current, unencumbered license as a practical nurse (LPN) or psychiatric technician nurse (LPTN) are eligible to apply for admission to the nursing program and receive advanced placement through specific validations and the Arkansas Progression Model Agreement.They must also meet University admission requirement.In addition, applicants:
- a) Must be a graduate of an approved Arkansas LPN or LPTN program or out-of-state NLN accredited program;
- b) Must complete Nursing program course prerequisites and admission requirements.
- c) Must submit an employee verification letter as part of the admission packet, if graduated from nursing school 12-60 months prior to entering LPN-to-BSN program;
- d) Must submit a copy of a current, unencumbered Arkansas LPN/LPTN license (updated appropriately).
- e) May be awarded credit equivalent up to 8 semester credit hours in nursing through articulation;
The student must have completed all prerequisite courses outlined on the BSN curriculum.
Address: 1200 University Dr, Pine Bluff, AR 71601
Submit your review
Leave a Reply