- The Pre-licensure BSN option is 4½ academic years in length and also encompasses 2-phases. The first phase consists of 62 semester credit hours of lower-division work, including liberal arts and also nursing prerequisites. The broad educational background in the physical, social, and also behavioral sciences afforded by this phase provides the basis for the nursing major.
- The 2nd phase consists of 62 semester credit hours of upper-division work in the nursing major and is completed within the Division of Nursing. Taken during the junior and also senior years, these courses are built to prepare the baccalaureate nurses for practice in various settings.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing will be awarded to pupils who complete both phases of the criteria for the degree. Degree recipients will then meet the requirements to take the NCLEX-RN licensure exam administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
About the school
- The University of North Carolina at Pembroke also referred to as UNC Pembroke, is a public, co-educational, historically American Indian liberal arts institution in the town of Pembroke in Robeson Region, North Carolina, United States of America.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,100
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students who wish to apply for admission into the pre-licensure BSN program must have fulfilled the following minimum requirements:
- Admission to UNCP by meeting general requirements for admission as a regular degree seeking student.
- Successful completion of all 62 hours of general education nursing core (46 hours) and pre-requisite nursing major (16 hours) courses with a grade of C or better at the end of the spring semester prior to entering the nursing program.
- A GPA of 2.5 (4.0=A) is required for admission consideration. Each student’s GPA is calculated on all transferable college courses attempted at all accredited institutions of higher education according to the UNCP Admissions Office guidelines. Each student’s GPA is calculated on the required 62 hours of general education nursing core courses and the 16 hours of nursing pre-requisite coursework.
- A GPA of 2.5 in the following mathematics and science courses is required for admission consideration: MAT 1050 or higher, BIO 2110, BIO 2120, BIO 3150, CHM 1300, CHM 1310, CHM 1100, and CHM 1110 (or equivalents).
- Physical, mental, and emotional health that enables a student to participate in and complete the program (see departmental policies).
- Submission of a supplemental application to the Department of Nursing by February 15 of the year they plan to enter the BSN program. All applicants will be notified of acceptance status no later than March 15.
- Completion and submission of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS™) to UNCP before October 31st. Scores must be from an examination taken between January 1 and October 31 prior to the year of admission to the Upper Divison. Scores must be submitted to the Department of Nursing.
Address: 1 University Drive, Pembroke, NC 28372, USA
Submit your review