Umpqua Community College is an associate of the Oregon Consortium for Nursing Education (OCNE) and offers a competency-based syllabus jointly created by nursing faculties from the nine community college and Oregon Health and Science University consortium partners.
The very first five terms after admission to the Umpqua Community College Nursing training program are identical for the associate and bachelor’s degree courses. Term 6 offers pupils the capability to complete the Associate of Applied Science degree at Umpqua Community College and also provides the educational eligibility for NCLEX-RN licensure examination.
Pupils who complete the Associate of Applied Science degree at Umpqua Community College as well as pass the NCLEX-RN examination also have the choice to complete the upper division nursing courses for the bachelor’s degree from Oregon Health and Science University. The Nursing training program is endorsed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) along with the Accreditation Commission for Education on Nursing, Inc. (ACEN initially NLNAC).
About The School
Umpqua Community College (UCC) is a community college situated roughly 6 miles north of Roseburg, Oregon, United States Of America. The college has 16 campus structures situated on 100 acres bordering the North Umpqua River.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,176
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Required Prerequisite Courses
- MTH 095 Intermediate Algebra (or above)
- BI 231 Human Anatomy & Physiology
- BI 232 Human Anatomy & Physiology
- BI 233 Human Anatomy & Physiology
- WR 121 English Composition: Intro to Argument
- WR 122 English Composition: Style and Argument OR
- WR 227 Technical Report Writing
- HDFS 201 Individual and Family Development
- FN 225 Human Nutrition
- BI 234 Microbiology
- BI 222 Intro to Genetics
- Pre-program Coursework and Grade Point Average-Students must complete 30 credits of the 45-48 credit pre-program (prerequisite) courses with a letter grade of “C” or better and a prerequisite cumulative GPA of 3.00. These credits must be completed prior to the application deadline and must include math and Human Anatomy & Physiology I (A&P must have been completed in the last five (5) years.)
- A&P I, II, III – Must be completed within the last five (5) years.
- Math 95 (or higher or placement testinto 105 or higher); and Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Proctored Essay- Must be registered and paid prior to the testing date
- Drug Screening: All nursing students must successfully pass a drug screening test at the time of admission into the Nursing Program and are subject to random drug screening throughout the program.
Umpqua Community College
Address: 1140 Umpqua College Rd, Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: (541) 440-4600
Submit your review