- The Scott and White School of Nursing at UMHB offers both a general four-year BSN degree for individuals seeking the first licensure as a Registered Nurse as well as a path for the Associate degree prepared nurse who wants to obtain the Bachelor of Science degree in nursing.
- About 25% of the nursing classes are made up of adult learners who have degrees in other disciplines who are making a career change. Hence, classes are different regarding age, background, and also life experiences which make for a fantastic chance for shared learning.
- The nursing training program is endorsed by the Texas State Board of Nursing as well as being certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the licensing body for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. Graduates of the training program meet the criteria to take the NCLEX-RN licensing exam. Graduates are also qualified to pursue a graduate degree if they choose to pursue an advanced practice position.
About the school
- The University of Mary Hardin–Baylor (abbr. UMHB) is a Christian co-educational school of higher learning situated in Belton, Texas, United States of America. The Republic of Texas established UMHB in the year 1845 as “Baylor Female College,” the female division of what is currently Baylor University.
- It has since become its school as well as grown to 3,898 students and also awards degrees at the Baccalaureate, master’s, and also doctoral levels. It is associated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,050
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply for admission to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
You may complete the program application at the same time.
- Complete the program application for the Scott and White College of Nursing
Login with your OneLogin credentials before beginning the application. Deadlines are March 1 to begin nursing classes in a fall semester or October 1 to begin nursing classes in a spring semester.
- Take the Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam
This exam must be completed before the application deadline.
A minimum of “C” is required in all the following prerequisite courses:
- ENGL 1321 Rhetoric & Composition I 3
- ENGL 1322 Rhetoric & Composition II 3
- BIOL 2340 Human Anatomy & Physiology I 3
- BIOL 2140 Human Anatomy & Physiology I Lab1
- BIOL 2341 Human Anatomy & Physiology II 3
- BIOL 2141 Human Anatomy & Physiology II Lab1
- BIOL 2380 Microbiology 3
- BIOL 2180 Microbiology Lab1
- CHEM Introductory Chemistry or College Chemistry or General Chemistry
- PSYC 1301 General Psychology 3
- PSYC 2311 Developmental Psychology 3
- SOCI 1311 Introduction to Sociology 3
- COMM 1320 Public Speaking 3
Address: 900 College St, Belton, TX 76513, USA
Phone: (254) 295-8642
Submit your review