- A career in nursing is a great decision. Shortly, you will start a life-changing journey toward a long and also rewarding career, one where you will have the ability to make a difference and also improve lives one at a time. Whether you are interested in pediatrics, women’s health, adult nursing, intensive care or even another area of nursing, the Traditional BSN training program at the nationally ranked University of Mississippi School of Nursing is the right option for you.
- The School of Nursing has a credibility for offering thorough graduate and also undergraduate nursing education. University of Mississippi Medical Center pupils not only take part in practical, multidisciplinary clinical training but also receive classroom training that efficiently readies them for successful careers as RNs in various healthcare settings. Upon completion of the training program, students graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and also take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX ®), which awards the registered nurse license
About the school
- University of Mississippi Medical Center (shortened as UMMC) is the health sciences campus of the University of Mississippi ( Ole Miss ) as well as being situated in Jackson, Mississippi, United States of University of Mississippi Medical Center, generally known as the Medical Center, is the state’s single academic medical center.
- University of Mississippi Medical Center houses six health science schools: Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Health Related Professions, Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences and also Pharmacy.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Prerequisites courses link https://www.umc.edu/uploadedFiles/UMCedu/Content/Education/Schools/Nursing/Bachelor_of_Science_in_Nursing/bsn_prereqs.pdf
- Admission to the university.
- Minimum ACT score of 21;
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (The GPA in required prerequisite coursework will also be considered in the admission process.);
- Completion of all prerequisite courses from an accredited college or university by the time the nursing program begins in the summer semester, with a minimum “C” grade in each course;
- If an applicant has been dismissed from any nursing program, one year must pass from date of dismissal to date of eligibility into any UMMC School of Nursing program.
Please note that the admission requirements for the Freshman Early-Entry program are separate from the Traditional BSN program.
The minimum requirements for admission to the Freshman Early-Entry program are as follows:
- Freshman status at participating FEE institution;
- Minimum ACT score of 24;
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- A personal interview and writing sample may be required.
Address: 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS 39216
Submit your review