- The Baccalaureate degree in nursing from the University of Central Oklahoma is certified by the commission of collegiate nursing education. A graduate of this state authorized training program to meet the requirements to apply to write the national council licensure exam (NCLEX-RN) for a registered
- Total hours needed for this major may surpass the least 124 credit hour institutional requirement and will vary according to course selection. It is advisable students complete 2-years of a second language in high school.
About the school
- The University of Central Oklahoma, commonly called UCO, is a coeducational public institution situated in Edmond, Oklahoma, United States. The university is the 3rd biggest in Oklahoma, with over 17,000 students and also roughly 434 regular and also 400 adjunct faculties. Established in the year 1890, the UCO was among the first institutions of higher learning to be found in what would become the state of Oklahoma, making it one of the most ancient universities in the southwest region of the United States Of America.
- The UCO was established on December 24, 1890, when the Territorial Legislature voted to build the Territorial Normal School, making UCO the most ancient public institution of higher education in Oklahoma.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,120
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students planning to become candidates for the bachelor of science with a major in nursing are required to make formal application to the chair-person of the department of nursing for admission into the professional nursing program. Applicantions must be submitted to the department of nursing on or before the last friday of january for all admission, and the second friday of september for spring admission into the program.
The following must be submitted to the department of nursing as part of the admission process and are used by the faculty in selection of candidates.
- Transcript(s) reflecting a minimum retentive grade point average of 2.5 in all course work completed at the time of the application.
- A minimum grade of “C” in chemistry, all biology sciences, NUR 1221 and NURS 2113 is required. Two of the five required science courses must be successfully completed prior to the application deadline. Students may enrol a maximum of two times in any nursing course.
- Score on the Test of Essential academic skills
- Submit a criminal background check (OSBI)
- Meet “Performance standards for admission and progrssion in the department of nursing.
- International students (i.e students for whom English is a second language regardless of resident status) must have a minimum TOEFL score of 83 on the internet version or equivalent on the written examination (560) or computer version (220)
Address: 100 N University Dr, Edmond, OK 73034, USA
Submit your review