The nursing training program is an academic division at UC Blue Ash College. The training program plays a role in meeting the health-care requirements of the community, the objective of the college and also the university, the demands of accrediting bodies and the service demands of the Ohio Board of Regents by providing top notch education culminating in an Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS).
The two (2) year curriculum incorporates nursing courses with general education courses in the humanities and also sciences. In addition to classroom instruction, pupils participate in college lab, simulation and also clinical activities
About The School
UC Blue Ash College is a regional college within the University of Cincinnati. It offers one of the most effective values in higher education with accessibility to a nationally acknowledged UC education in approximately fifty degrees and certificates, along with tuition that is about 50% of the majority of colleges and universities.
The institution is situated on a scenic 135-acre wooded campus in the heart of Blue Ash, Ohio, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
One year of high school Biology with lab and a grade of C or higher completed within 6 years of application or a college biology course as indicated below is required.
- If high school Biology grade was C, but was taken longer than 6 years prior to application, the student must complete Biology for the Health Professions and Technical Programs I (BIOL1051C) with a grade of C or better.
- If high school Biology was not taken or if the student earned a grade below C, the student must complete Biology for Health Professions and Technical Programs I and II (BIOL1051C and BIOL1052C) with grades of “C” or better.
- College Anatomy & Physiology I (BIOL 2001C) completed with grade of C or better within the 6 years prior to application will also meet this biology requirement.
One year of high school chemistry with lab with a grade of C or better completed within 6 years of application or CHEM 1030 (General, Organic, and Biochemistry I) and CHEM 1030L (Gen/Org/Biochemistry Lab) with grades of C or better is required.
- If high school Chemistry grade was a C but was taken longer than 6 years prior to application, the student must complete General, Organic, and Biochemistry (CHEM 1030 and CHEM 1030L) with grade of “C” or better.
- If high school Chemistry was not taken or if the student earned a grade below C, the student must complete General, Organic, and Biochemistry (CHEM 1030 and CHEM 1030L) with grade of “C” or better.
Eligibility for college level math is required. Students may meet the math requirement via Math Placement Test (MPT) with a score of 420 or higher OR with a 25 or higher on the ACT Math sub-test OR an SAT math sub-score of 630 or higher.
English Placement test: Eligible for English Composition (ENGL 1001) – student must achieve a score of 5 OR ACT combined English and Writing score of 18 or higher OR an SAT writing score of 430 or higher.
(Test of English as Foreign Language) – students who have not graduated from a U.S. or English speaking high school must achieve a score of 100 or higher on the TOEFL examination.
- Minimum GPA:
Students must meet the requirement of (A) un-weighted high school GPA of 3.0 or (B) 2.8 GPA in college courses with a minimum of 12 credit hours. Note: The GPA of the most recent college attended will be the one used for selective admission.
- Essay: Briefly describe, 3-5 sentences, why you have chosen to become a Registered Nurse.
Uc Blue Ash College
Address: 9555 Plainfield Rd, Blue Ash, OH 45236, USA
Submit your review