- The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Centre El Paso Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing (GGHSON) offers unique possibilities for students who are not registered nurses to receive the most recent state-of-the-art nursing education.
- The combination of classroom and also practical learning making use of patient simulators and hospital settings provides pupils with the capability to acquire skills utilizing the latest technology. Upon completion of prerequisite courses, the BSN degree plan can be finished in 4 consecutive semesters/16 months or even 65 semester credit hours.
- The Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing RN to BSN training program is built to accommodate the working RN’s schedule. The suitable, 30-hour training program is conducted completely via online instruction and is designed to make you more marketable in the health care field — whether in your present position or future employment endeavors.
- The GGHSON RN to BSN training program curriculum is built to give you flexibility. Pupils can complete the training program in as little as 3-terms if attending on a regular basis, or 4-terms, if part-time.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Centre El GGHSON.
About the school
- The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso ( shortened as TTUHSC El Paso) is a health sciences institution in El Paso, Texas, United States established on May 20, Earlier, the university had operated as an outlet campus of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Centre since 1969.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate ABSN Texas Resident (17 Hours) $5,389.00 and Nonresident of Texas (17 Hours) $12,325.00
BSN-RN Texas Resident (12 Hours) $4,124.00 and Nonresident of Texas (12 Hours) $9,020.00
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- For the overall and science GPAs, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required to be considered for admission. All grades earned at all schools attended are calculated in the admissions GPA.
- All prerequisite courses should be completed with a grade of C or better prior to enrollment.
- At the time the application is submitted, all applicants must have completed a minimum of 44 credit hours of the required non-nursing prerequisite coursework (57 hours total), including all FOUR required lab science courses: Chemistry (4 hours), Anatomy and Physiology I (4 hours), Anatomy and Physiology II (4 hours) and Microbiology (4 hours).
- The HESI Assessment Exam must be completed and scores must be submitted.
- Applicants must clear the FBI Level 1 Criminal Background Check conducted through Texas Board of Nursing. If an applicant has any criminal history to report whatsoever, he/she must complete and submit a petition for declaratory order.
- Valid, unencumbered R.N. License that is active and in good standing.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 that is calculated from both prerequisite and nursing coursework. Course work must be earned from a regionally accredited institution.
- Completion of ALL prerequisite coursework with a grade of “C” or better prior to the first day of enrollment.
- Applicants must have passed NCLEX Licensure exam prior to first day of enrollment.
- Test of English as a foreign language is required unless a degree has been earned from an accredited university in the U.S.
Address: 5001 El Paso Drive | El Paso, TX 79905
Submit your review
First of all, I am a gay male nurse and there is no sexual discrimination in this administration.
With that said and aside, my nursing school experience here was like nothing close to many horror stories I have heard about nursing schools. My time was smooth and instructors were great.
I visited last year graduation and we had a good time with instructors and graduating group -and they were all happy