The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program at Trinity Valley Community College is a two year, 60-credit hour syllabus leading to an associate in applied science degree (AAS).
To meet the criteria to take the National Council Licensure Examination to qualify as a registered nurse (RN), pupils must achieve a grade of C or better in all courses, nursing and also non-nursing. Support courses must be finished before or taken at the same time with nursing courses as defined each and every semester in the curriculum schedule.
The Trinity Valley Community College ADN training program is completely certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
About The School
Trinity Valley Community College (TVCC) is a community college situated in Athens, Texas. It has four campuses serving three regions across the southeast and also eastern parts of the state.
Trinity Valley Community College was established in 1946 as Henderson County Junior College in Athens, the county seat. The present name, implemented in September 1986, was adopted from the Trinity River, which bisects the area. By that time it had extended to serve citizens of multiple counties.
Trinity Valley Community College started its expansion to a multi-site campus in 1969 when it started to offer courses at a neighborhood Texas Division of Criminal Justice unit.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,545
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply for admission to Trinity Valley Community College
- Provide documentation of TSI completion or exemption
- Submit minimum passing scores on each area of the designated health occupations admissions test; current testing information can be found in the respective brochures o n the Health Science Center Web page at www.tvcc.edu/healthscience, or by contacting the HSC counselor
- Complete the pre-requisites as outlined in the current brochures, with a grade of “C” or better
- Submit official transcripts of all previous college credits to the Registrar’s Office and complete the online application for the health occupations program(s) of choice by the application deadline published in the brochures
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or better on a four-point system for all previous college work. If all qualified students are selected and there are still positions available, students with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 will be considered using the same point system
Trinity Valley Community College
Address: 100 Cardinal Dr, Athens, TX 75751
Submit your review