The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program in Trinidad State Junior College Valley Campus put together coursework in nursing as well as general education with clinical experiences in regional health-care amenities under the guidance of college faculty members. Graduates are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for RNs.
Students have the choice to receive a certificate and also take the NCLEX for Practical Nurses after the very first year of the professional stage of nursing which must consist of NUR 169—Transition into Practical Nursing. Graduates are inspired to undertake a baccalaureate degree in nursing, through our double enrolment choices or other means.
TSJC has double enrollment agreements with UCCS, Metro State, Adams State, and CSU-P. Credits may be applied in total or in part in line with the policies of the accepting institute. Trinidad State Junior College is fully approved by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Successful graduates of the training program are awarded the Associate in Applied Science Degree and are ready to:
- Accept commitment for professional development within the nursing profession
- Utilize the nursing process in caring for designated patients
- Apply scientific as well as physiological concepts to health-care
- Function as members of health-care teams, leading other members in chosen aspects of health care
- Demonstrate responsibility to the nursing profession.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Valley Campus of Trinidad State is situated in downtown Alamosa. It is a commuter campus that features friendly staff and small class sizes.
Hands-on training programs include Nursing, Massage, Diesel Mechanics Auto, and Welding. Aquaculture is a unique program where students can learn how to run a fish hatchery. The Law Enforcement Academy and Auto Mechanics programs operate training sites at off-campus locations.
Students can also take a variety of courses offered in traditional classrooms including Business, Chemistry, and Math. At 7,500 feet in Height, Alamosa sits in the middle of the San Luis Valley, the highest and largest mountain desert in the world. To the west are the majestic the San Juan Mountains and also to the east the rugged Sangre de Cristo Range. Great Sand Dunes National Park is situated at 35 miles to the northeast and features the tallest dunes in North America.
Total program cost is USD $13,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum
admission standards include:
- Admission requires a high school diploma or the equivalent, satisfactory performance on the college skills placement test (McCann CCPT) and completion of any required foundations courses. SAT, ACT or McCann CCPT scores determine the need for foundation
- 5 GPA on mandatory prerequisite courses and cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Additional courses completed
- Scores for Admission Assessment Examination
- Medical Experience
- Previous degree
- The required 3 pre-requisites courses are: ENG 121, PSY 235, BIO 201, GPA for the above three courses must be a minimum 2.5 average.
Trinidad State Junior College
Address: 1011 Main Street Alamosa, CO 81101, USA
Submit your review
Regretful Student says
TSJC is the WORST school you could go to for nursing unless you like disorganization, lack of communication, favortism and out dated equipment that is falling apart! A complete waste of money. The non caring attitudes of the staff is more that discouraging. My best advice is if you want to apply for a nursing program DO NOT apply at TSJC.
I heard that Trinidad’s nursing program have been failing numerous international students. The staff take advantage of language barriers to make exams more difficult. They don’t even try to make accomodations to benefit those with language barriers, it’s the opposite they use abstract language to make their program even more difficult. State and the department of education should investigate how much money they are collecting from international students.