- The Department of Nursing at Towson University offers programs of study leading to a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree with a major in nursing for traditional undergraduate pupils taking the basic training program and also for students enthusiastic about degree completion options.
- The basic training program option is for individuals who do not possess a previous nursing degree, as well as persons who have a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline besides The syllabus includes courses in the liberal arts, the sciences and also nursing. This option is available in Towson, MD and also Hagerstown, Maryland.
- The degree completion options consist of the RN-to-BS track along with the Associate-to-Bachelor’s (ATB) track. The degree completion options offer a revolutionary and also flexible curriculum that fulfills the needs of a different nursing community.
About the school
- Towson University, typically known as TU or just Towson in abbreviation, is a public university situated in Towson in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States Of America. It is part of the University System of Maryland.
- Established in 1866 as Maryland’s first training school for teachers, Towson University has changed into a 4-year degree-granting school consisting of 8 colleges with more than 20,000 students enlisted. Towson University is among the biggest public universities in MD and still, produces the majority of teachers of any university in the state.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $20,830
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the nursing major is contingent upon the student being screened and admission being offered by the department. Admission to the university does not constitute or guarantee admission to the major. All students, including those currently enrolled at Towson University, transfer and second bachelor applicants, are considered on a competitive and space available basis for the Nursing Major. Decisions regarding acceptance to begin the nursing program are made according to an overall cumulative GPA from all institutions attended, science prerequisite GPA, and TEAS test results as well as consideration of the overall academic record.
- Students are eligible to apply for admission to the nursing major after they have completed a minimum of 42 undergraduate units, including at least three (3) laboratory science prerequisites and ENGL 102.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required. The screening process takes place during the term prior to the student’s anticipated enrollment in the first nursing course.
- A grade equivalent of 2.00 is required in all nursing prerequisite courses, and no more than two courses may be repeated.
- Completed nursing applications and all required documents are due January 15 for fall admission and August 15 for spring admission.
BIOL 190 INTRODUCTORY BIOLOGY FOR THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS 4
BIOL 221 & 221L- HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY I [LECTURE] and HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY I [LAB] 4
BIOL 222 & 222L-HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY II [LECTURE] and HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY II [LAB] 4
BIOL 215 ESSENTIALS OF MICROBIOLOGY 4
or BIOL 315 MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY
CHEM 121 & 121L- ALLIED HEALTH CHEMISTRY I LECTURE and ALLIED HEALTH CHEMISTRY I LABORATORY 4
ENGL 102 WRITING FOR A LIBERAL EDUCATION 3
HLTH 331 NUTRITION FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS 3
MATH 115 BASIC MATHEMATICS FOR THE SCIENCES 3
PSYC 101 INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY 3
PSYC 203 HUMAN DEVELOPMENT 3
SOCI 101 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY 3
RN to B.S.N ADMISSION
- Graduated from a state-approved diploma or associate degree nursing program
- Licensed as a registered nurse in Maryland. Recent graduates may be admitted pending successful completion of the NCLEX-RN®.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale. A grade equivalent of 2.00 is required in all nursing prerequisite courses.
Address: 8000 York Rd, Towson, MD 21252
Phone: (410) 704-2000
Submit your review