The nursing training program at St Vincent’s College will prepare you to become a registered nurse through a four-semester training program of study. Critical thinking, caring, communication, safe and competent practice, professionalism and holistic care are the major values that provide the curricular structure.
You will learn the functions as well as obligations of the professional nurse, such as:
- Planning as well as provision of care
- Patient advocacy
- Health coaching and teaching
- Managing human, financial, physical and technological resources in several health care environments.
You will develop the knowledge, competencies as well as behaviors to practice safely, efficiently and also with skills as an entry-level registered nurse. Three Rivers Community College Nursing A.S training program is nationally accredited by the ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.).
In 2015, the Connecticut Community College Nursing Program, which includes the TRCC Nursing Program, passed the Connecticut State Board of Nursing five Years Self-Study. Our Nursing training program is extremely competitive. Its outstanding results is credited to the great relationships developed between pupils and faculty.
Graduates’ scores on the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) are constantly above the national average, with a 3 year average of over 93%. Moreover, also, our graduates report a 100% job placement on the last 3 graduate evaluations.
About the school
Three Rivers Community College (TRCC) is a community college in Norwich, Connecticut, United States of America, established in 1992 by the merger of Mohegan Community College and also Thames Valley State Technical College. It is named after the 3 major rivers in the region: the Shetucket, the Yantic as well as the Thames. It is licensed by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
In the year 2009, the college finally consolidated into the 1 campus on New London Turnpike. There are also 2 off-campus instructional centers, one at the nearby Naval Submarine Base, and the other at Ella Grasso Technical School in Groton. Three Rivers Community College is also the home of Three Rivers Middle College (TRMC), a double-enrolment magnet high school. TRMC pupils merge the last 2 years of high school with up to one full year of college courses, offering them a head start on their associate degrees.
Total program cost is USD $13,500
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Proof of high school completion or equivalent is required for students seeking a degree or certificate, as well as students applying for financial aid. Please submit a copy of your high school transcript with graduation date, high school diploma or GED certificate.
- By Connecticut law, full-time and part-time students in degree programs must meet certain immunization requirements and be submitted.
- Accuplacer Placement Test: all new, first-time students are required to complete this test. SAT and/or ACT scores: if you took these tests, your scores will be included for placement consideration.
- High school transcript: all students who graduated high school within the last five years must provide their transcript.
- Prior college courses: documentation of previously earned college-level credits may fulfil your requirement.
Three Rivers Community College
Address: 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Leave a Reply