The goal for this nursing training program in three rivers College is to prepare pupils to obtain an Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS), to apply and sit for the licensure by examination as a registered nurse (RN), and to make use of the nursing procedure in providing safe and efficient nursing care for clients in organized primary or secondary care functions.
Both general education and also nursing education courses are included in the training program of study; clinical laboratory experiences are planned in local health-care amenities under the direct direction of the Nursing faculty. Pupils enlisted in the nursing training program have the same privileges and obligations accorded to all pupils of the College.
The Poplar Bluff Associate Degree Nursing Training program and the Sikeston LPN-RN Bridge training program are conditionally endorsed by the Missouri State Board of Nursing. Both programs are certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Pupils must meet certain health requirements for clinical practice in agencies, such as but not limited to random or for-cause drug verification
About The School
Three Rivers Community College (TRCC) is a community college in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, United States. Three Rivers was established in 1967 when voters in the regions of Butler, Ripley, Carter and Wayne endorsed the taxing district of Butler, Ripley, Carter, and Wayne regions.
Three Rivers is governed by a Board of Trustees chosen by the individuals in the college taxing region.
Total program cost is USD $15,740
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To become an eligible nursing applicant, each individual must have the following on file in the admissions office no later than March 1st for the Poplar Bluff day program and Evening LPN-RN Bridge program, May 1st for the Poplar Bluff evening program, September 1st for the Sikeston and Poplar Bluff Day LPN-RN Bridge programs time of application:
- Completed college application;
- ACCUPLACER, ACT, SAT, ACCUPLACER scores (current within 2 years) for placement in math and English courses
- Final high school transcript or GED certificate;
- Transcripts of all previous university/college/technical schools; and
- Completed current nursing application
- Applicants will be required to have a “B” or higher in Intermediate Algebra, Anatomy and Physiology I, and Anatomy and Physiology II.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75, or if current high school student, with no college GPA, rank in the upper one third of their high school graduating class.
- Satisfactory performance on the NLN Pre-Admission Examination-RN (minimum 68th percentile “AD” composite score or 110 composite score). NLN scores must be current within two years of application deadline. Examination must be completed by application deadline.
- LPN-RN Bridge applicants must Have an active, unencumbered license as a Licensed Practical Nurse with privileges to practice in the state of Missouri.
NOTE: In the event that two or more applicants receive the same composite percentile score, the applicants will be ranked according to the NLN verbal ability category score, and then if necessary by the NLN science category score and finally math category score.
Three Rivers Community College
Address: 2080 Three Rivers Blvd, Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Submit your review