Thomas Moore College BSN Nursing Reviews
- The baccalaureate nurse is trained to act independently in different health care settings as well as together with other members of the healthcare team.
- Baccalaureate nursing education promotes one’s recognition of responsibility for self-learning and continuous professional and personal growth. Graduates are also prepared for administrative and leadership positions in nursing.
- The accelerated RN-BSN degree program will aid you to attain your professional goals, through a reliable program while supporting you to balance your work and home duties.
About the school
- Thomas More College is located in Crestview Hills, Kentucky, a suburb close to Cincinnati, Ohio.
- It is a liberal arts, Roman Catholic school serving 1,900 full and part-time students.
- Thomas More College was established in 1921 by the local Benedictine Sisters as Villa Madonna College.
- Thomas More College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and a member of Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $30,750
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Nursing program admission policy for incoming First-Year Students:
Thirty-two (32) clinical spaces are available to students (prioritized by criteria listed in A, B, and C below) who have the highest grade point averages (GPA) and who meet Clinical Readiness criteria. Students who entered TMC as first-year pre-nursing majors and have progressed without interruption* (Tier 1) will have preference for classroom/clinical space over students who transferred into or wish to reenter or resume the program.
- Tier 1 are TMC Pre-Nursing students who have progressed without interruption* and have met criteria for admission by May 20.If there are more students than spaces available, and all other factors are equal, spaces will be awarded by a lottery for Tier 1 students.
- Tier 2 are transfer students (either from another school or from another major within TMC) or students previously unable to progress in the nursing major who have met all criteria for admission by May 20.If there are more students than spaces available, and all other factors are equal, spaces will be awarded by a lottery for Tier 2 students.
- Tier 3 are students who will meet criteria for admission by August 10. If there are more students than spaces available, and all other factors are equal, spaces will be awarded by a lottery for Tier 3 students.
- No waiting list is maintained of students wishing to enter the program; however a student who has met criteria for admission and is awaiting classroom/clinical space in the nursing program may apply for admission more than once.
*Progression without interruption means that a student entered the college as a pre-nursing major, has earned at least a C in any course deemed a prerequisite or support course to the nursing program, and has not taken leave from the program.
Requirements for Admission to the Nursing Major
- A minimum collegegrade point average of 2.75
- Passage of all courses designated as first-year level prerequisite or support to NUR200 courses with a minimum grade of C within the last 7 years (regardless if the course was retaken to achieve a higher grade). These courses are BIO211 and 211L; 212 and 212L, CHE 103 and 103L; 104 and 104L,PSY105, SOC105, NUR103 and 104
- Completion of required Clinical Readiness criteria, specifically a first Hepatitis B titer.
Nursing program admissions policy for transfer students:
Students wishing to transfer from another school into the nursing program at Thomas More College must achieve all of the following:
- be transferring from an accredited BSN program
- have earned a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.75
- have presented a letter requesting transfer 30 days in advance of proposed start
- have presented documentation of good standing from the current university or college
- have passed all nursing and support courses – Biology, Chemistry, Math, Sociology, Psychology – with a “C” or above and within the last seven years
- have no history of disciplinary action or academic probation
- have passed a departmental math test with a score of at least 80 if unable to provide ACT/SAT scores
- have met all nursing Student Handbook standards
A transfer applicant who has been unsuccessful in two nursing courses or two prerequisite courses, or one of each at TMC or another institution (including courses repeated for a higher grade) is ineligible for admission to the nursing program. An applicant who has been unsuccessful in one nursing course may be admitted at the discretion of faculty.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
- Nursing (50 hours): NUR 103, 104, 203, 204, 204L, 205, 206, 207, 208, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408
- Supporting Courses (46 hours): BIO 211/211L, 212/212L, 215/215L, 216/216L, 255; CHE 103/103L, 104/104L, PSY 105, 214; SOC 105; MAT 205 or 208; ENG 150; HCM420; and any literature or advanced writing course at the 200 level or higher
Thomas More College
Address: 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Phone: 1-844-MyTMC4U | 859-341-5800
Submit your review