The Associate Degree Nursing training program leads to an Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) and enables the graduate to apply to sit and take the state licensing examinations for registered nursing and also the jurisprudence examination.
A Registered Nurse is a professional associate of the health-care team managing and providing care to patients in many different settings. The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program requires a minimum of 2 years of study. A new class is chosen each and every spring to start the fall semester.
The ADN training program is endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing and certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. The Temple College Associate Degree Nursing program was endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) in the year 1992.
About The School
Temple College is a community college situated in Temple, Texas, United States, with regional outlet campuses at other locations in Central Texas, USA.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,250
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the Temple College (TC) admission procedure. All college requirements must be met, including TSI and bacterial meningitis if applicable.
- Enroll in the prerequisite courses. These courses are BIOL 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I, ENGL 1301 Composition I, and PSYC 2301 General Psychology. The 3 prerequisite courses must be completed or in progress during the Spring semester to be able to apply for the Fall semester class. Co-requisite courses may be taken prior to acceptance into the nursing program. Students are expected to have basic keyboarding and computer literacy operation skills.
- Take the HESI Admission Assessment Exam (HESI A2). ONLY math (no calculator), reading, and vocabulary can be tested. A minimum score of 80 is required in each of the three areas tested in order to be considered for admission. The exam will be given at the TC Testing Center between February 13, 2017 and April 13, 2017 (excluding Spring Break).
To sign up for the nursing admission exam, you must: A. Pay $65 for the exam in the Cashier’s office, One College Centre. Only cash, credit cards, or money orders will be accepted for payment. (Note: price increases are pending.)
- Take the receipt to the Testing Center in the Student Success Center room 3613 when you are ready to take the exam.
- You may also test in Hutto at the East Williamson County Higher Education Center. Call the testing center for appointment and details, 512-759-5925.
- If you wish to use HESI A2 scores from somewhere other than Temple College then please contact us to see if the scores will transfer prior to applying.
A study guide may be purchased in the Temple College Bookstore in the Arnold Student Union. Assistance with preparation for the exam is available at the Educational Assistance Center (EAC), 254-298-8620, in the Instructional Services Center. At TC, you may only take the exam once per admission process.
- Complete the ADN application process. Beginning February 13, 2017 the application packet will be available online at the Temple College Nursing Website. Print out and complete the application according to the instructions provided and submit complete application packet to the Dell Martin Nursing Education Center room 1009 by April 13, 2017. Incomplete packets will not be accepted. The application process includes furnishing to the TC Admissions & Records Office official transcripts of prerequisite course grades and any courses that may apply to the ADN program. You must also submit official transcripts with your application packet to the ADN office. Do not have transcripts sent to the office without an application. If you are enrolled in any of the pre-requisite or co-requisite courses in our degree plan during the spring semester in which you are applying, there will be an additional deadline to submit official transcripts for those courses in your packet. You must have a minimum of a “C” in every course and a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 (in all courses that apply toward the nursing curriculum) in order to apply to the ADN program. Biology courses must have been taken within the past ten years. Applications will not be processed if any of the stated admission requirements are missing or incomplete. The last date to submit an application is April 13, 2017.
- Applicants will be notified by Temple College email of whether or not they are conditionally accepted into the program. If conditionally accepted into the program, you will receive instructions on completing the following requirements, do not submit any of these items with your application
Address: 2600 S 1st St, Temple, TX 76504
Submit your review