- Traditional is the pre-licensure nursing path for the individual who wants to earn their BSN degree while preparing to emerge as a Registered Nurse but have not completed an associate or even diploma training program in nursing. The traditional (face-to-face) path is completed on the TAMUCC campus in classrooms/labs and is five semesters in duration.
- Pupils in the nursing major are designated a faculty mentor by the Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. If unfortunately, the faculty mentor-student assignment is ineffective, the student or perhaps the faculty associate can request a change in assignment. First-year students and also sophomore students pursuing the pre-nursing curriculum are also designated a nursing faculty mentor.
About the school
- Texas A&M University–Corpus Christi (TAMUCC) is a state institution in Corpus Christi, Texas, United States of America, on Ward Island in Oso Bay, USA. The institution is a member of the Texas A&M University System.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was recognized at several times by one of the following three names: Texas A&I University at Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi State University, as well as the University of Corpus Christi (a Baptist university established in 1947) before joining the Texas A&M University System in the year 1989.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,250
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students must complete an online application to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences using Nursing CAS. Students may only apply for one track into the program. The student’s choice must be designated on the Nursing CAS application.
- If the student is not already enrolled at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, the student must also apply to the University for admission. Admission to the University DOES NOT constitute admission to the nursing program.
- All applicants must complete the HESI A2, V-1 with Critical Thinking exam. This computerized exam is timed and will take approximately 3 hours.
- Minimum overall GPA to be eligible to apply for admission to the nursing major is 3.0. Freshmen generally declare pre-nursing as their intended course of study.
- Freshmen and sophomores enrolled as pre-nursing students must complete the Core Curriculum Program (42 semester hours) and required support courses prior to admission to the nursing major.
- BIOL 2420 Principles of Microbiology
- CHEM 1411 General Chemistry I
- PSYC 2301 General Psychology
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 2402 Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSYC 2314 Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- MATH 1442 Statistics for Life
- NURS 3342 Use of Pharmacology Principles
- NURS 4322 Health Alterations or BIMS 3401 Pathophysiology
Students should consult their academic advisor for additional information on core curriculum and support courses, including the sequence in which the courses should be taken. To lighten the academic load, some of these courses can be taken in the summer sessions. Science courses may not be older than 7 years for BSN students.
Address: 6300 Ocean Dr, Corpus Christi, TX 78412, USA
Submit your review